BSNL Broadband: Wired Modem Burnt.. which wireless modem to buy?

mirunmanish

ISP
BSNL - National Internet Backbone
hii had a wired modem from BSNL(outright purchase) which was burnt due to lightning last month. now i want to buy a wireless modem-cum-router.. please suggest the best model for regular home use.. i heard bsnl is giving it for rs.1600/-.. is it true? how is it working? other models i enquired in shops are costing about Rs.3000/-.. what is the difference between these modems and that given by BSNL? please enlighten me

what is the difference between these modems and that given by BSNL? please enlighten me

Difference is same as between original Nokia mobile and a chineese mobile.

BSNL modem comes with a price tag of Rs. 1600 + tax. If you buy it for rent Rs. 80. If you are not a expert, it is better to stick with BSNL modem as BSNL does not provide support for other modems. If you feel confident, you can try a modem from open market and seek assistance from forums like this.

:hysterical::hysterical:Looks Somewhat funny.I have seen houses burning due to lightning here in HP but never a modem.:hysterical:BTW BSNL modems are good.I have a ZTE Wifi Modem.Works good and is cheap too.So I suggest it.Other branded modems have many Advanced features but they are of no use for a Normal user.