BSNL Broadband Windows 7 yellow triangle

• Thread starter Thread starter arunhv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,074

arunhv

ISP
bsnl
Hello everybody, Hoping to find the solution to this issue. Modem: Huawei WA1003A Wireless ADSL I upgraded my broadband from 256 Kbps to 4 Mbps unlimited connection last week. At the same time sewage board dug up the street and cut the line. Yesterday the line man has fixed the cable. I checked my home pc, ADSL line was up & steady and internet was working. I then wanted to connect my office (win7 again) laptop to the wireless. There was a yellow triangle. no internet. i clicked on win7 help. It asked me to reset the modem (it said the connection could not be made from the modem to the internet). here is where all the trouble started. I did a reset on the modem. Now nothing (home/office) pcs are not connecting. I havent had any issue for the past 4 years. I look up the net. There is a procedure to setup the modem again (since i did a reset).current status:connection: pvc0 - type pppoe NAT & Firewall, VPI (0) VCI (35), Qos (UBR), Keep ALive (10min), Max Fail(10), MTU (1492), SetRoute, username/password from what i had stored before (dont recall changing it at all)Modulation tyep - tried both MMODE, GDMTDHCP - Server on (192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254)Status: State - Not connected Disconnect reason - Auth Failed (sometime N/A)Called BSNL helpline many times... we'll call you back sir and no response. Can you help me?

Hello everybody,
Hoping to find the solution to this issue.

Modem: Huawei WA1003A Wireless ADSL

I upgraded my broadband from 256 Kbps to 4 Mbps unlimited connection last week. At the same time sewage board dug up the street and cut the line.
Yesterday the line man has fixed the cable.
I checked my home pc, ADSL line was up & steady and internet was working.

I then wanted to connect my office (win7 again) laptop to the wireless. There was a yellow triangle. no internet. i clicked on win7 help. It asked me to reset the modem (it said the connection could not be made from the modem to the internet).

here is where all the trouble started. I did a reset on the modem.
Now nothing (home/office) pcs are not connecting. I havent had any issue for the past 4 years. I look up the net. There is a procedure to setup the modem again (since i did a reset).

current status:
connection: pvc0 - type pppoe NAT & Firewall, VPI (0) VCI (35), Qos (UBR), Keep ALive (10min), Max Fail(10), MTU (1492), SetRoute, username/password from what i had stored before (dont recall changing it at all)
Modulation tyep - tried both MMODE, GDMT
DHCP - Server on (192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254)

Status: State - Not connected Disconnect reason - Auth Failed (sometime N/A)

Called BSNL helpline many times... we'll call you back sir and no response.

Can you help me?

haha .. u shouldnt have reset the modem man, it was a simple DNS issue..

ok here's what you do, from what i see it is a username password issue.. if u have a custom password use that or simply try password in the password field, if none works.. call bsnl, ask them to reset your password. keep modulation mode to adsl2+, change keep alive to 0
also scroll down to dns section and use the following dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
save reboot.

haha .. u shouldnt have reset the modem man, it was a simple DNS issue..

ok here's what you do, from what i see it is a username password issue.. if u have a custom password use that or simply try password in the password field, if none works.. call bsnl, ask them to reset your password. keep modulation mode to adsl2+, change keep alive to 0
also scroll down to dns section and use the following dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
save reboot.

Thanks! Like you said it was a password issue. Since i moved to a new plan, they had reset password and username (weird!). I finally got it reset and its working fine now. THanks.