BSNL Broadband: WA3002G4 modem and linksys wireless port forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter heavenhated
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,229

heavenhated

ISP
bsnl
Hi GuysAs with my previous post in this forum, i got my JTO exchange the UT modem to WA3002G4. i now virtual server options to do port forwarding.Here is where i am stuck.I was able to do what portforwarding.com says for the modem. But i also use an external wireless Linksys router. So the port forwarding is not workingThe wireless in WA3002G4 is disabled by BSNL for obvious reasons that i am paying for only type 1. I want to know how to port forward when u have both a modem and an exgternal wireless router.IP of wireless router and Modem were actually 192.168.1.1 which i have reconfigured to 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1some tecfhnical help would be greatVj

The wireless in WA3002G4 is disabled by BSNL for obvious reasons that i am paying for only type 1.
How did they do that ? explain please.
Anyway see the sticky post for WA3002-g4 in this forum and follow
the links given-
For Port forwarding see sl2-141 link.
in same link.
I want to know how to port forward when u have both a modem and an exgternal wireless router.
If you are using a dialer in UTSTAR change to Always On PPPoE mode
try PF in lan mode first.
Have you created a WLAN in your laptop ?
Post ipconfig /all data. Copy/paste here.

Feedback.

i have no idea how they did that. The lady called someone and said my fone number and said only Type 1. She re-booted the modem and voila no option about wireless. Not that i care..@Essbebe.i am able to portforward now... steps i did1) Set up my modem to portforward2) Linksys router was converted to just AP(Access point)now i am able to do port forwarding in wireless. i would like you to add to the wiki that if people have a modem as well as an additional router they should just convert the wireless router to an access point. I can give more detailed steps if u want me to.and as always, u have been great in this forum and ur answers have been helping us . thanks a lot again.