• Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 10,217

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Considering taking a connection from BSNL Broadband in my attempt to get rid of my Airtel Broadband connection. Looking for feedback! How do one apply for the connection? What are the charges? Are the modems readily available these days? How is the wiring installation... messy hanging wires or properly laid down using clamps?How efficient are the installation people? How good are they at configuring the modem and router? Did they seek bribe? 😀 What do you do in case there are issues with connectivity? How soon do you get a response to your problem? Do they respond on Saturday and Sunday? How friendly are the people responding to problems? How efficient are they in fixing your problems? How technical these folks? I mean do they understand the technical terms like SNR values? Breaking pings? etc? etc? Stuff like that 😀

lol lots of questions to answer :haha:

Hey I'm from Sector 31, Gurgaon and I had an Airtel connection earlier but I shifted to BSNL due to lack of Customer Care support and due to the fact that they weren't changing my plans even after repeated complaints.I shifted to BSNL and all got done in a span of 3-4 days.I applied online on the BSNL site and they needed the locaion and stuff and all...Then i received a call from a BSNL executive asking for stuff like the plan and the type of modem and more stuff..He then sent the installation people the next day with the telephone system, modem and wires and all...They connected everything well, no flaws, no messy stuff.. though hey seemed to be interested in bribe but if you just ignore that and talk to them about some technical stuff that they don't know they'll just pass...they in actual don't know much technical stuff, if you want to know about the technical stuff contact the executive who had contacted you before for the connection or contact the customer care number...I had opted for a 4mbps connection unlimited plan that costs 1350 and gives 30gb fup.For a week i didn't get 4mbps but got 2mbps, I at once called them up and complained about the same.. they said it was not in their record that i had a 4mbps connection coz i was a new user... but then in 4-5 days the connection was shifted to 4mbps on its own without me complaining further...Till now after 7 months with the connection, I really haven't experienced any connectivity issues, so really don't know about their response and stuff...About modems, the executive asks you about it initially that you want a wired or a wifi modem, the wired one will cost Rs 500 and the wifi modem Rs 1000 and thats all the extra money that you need to pay...Thats all I can tell for now, any further info you're always welcome to ask... 🙂

All I know is ping is terrible on a bsnl connection, that's pretty much the only flaw.

pings to what? i do not play online games. i just want a stable connection with decent upload and download speeds.

The ping tests done on speedtest/pingtest are fine for most of the time on Bsnl BB
here's my today's result-

using BBG 1000 plan......

The only issue with BSNL BB is their CC. Other than that once the connection is up its stable and speeds given are fine unless there isn't any disturbance in the landline.BSNL is fine untill its working properly, headache starts when there are issues with the connection. In my case, whenever I have complained abt the connection due noisy line they come the next day and fix it properly, however these sarkari guys dont know anything technical.

The only issue with BSNL BB is their CC. Other than that once the connection is up its stable and speeds given are fine unless there isn't any disturbance in the landline.

BSNL is fine untill its working properly, headache starts when there are issues with the connection. In my case, whenever I have complained abt the connection due noisy line they come the next day and fix it properly, however these sarkari guys dont know anything technical.

Totally agreed with you.I have suffered all this, during my frequent disconnection of bsnl bb due to snr, i had a lot of prob. making understand the line man about min req. snr for a stable connection,but he didn't...... and it was a serious headache... but after all this my snr came at max to just 20

If while lodging your complaint through the MIS portal, you mention about issues with the snr, the sde will usually call you up, to ask about it in detail.

If while lodging your complaint through the MIS portal, you mention about issues with the snr, the sde will usually call you up, to ask about it in detail.

Thanks
Will try it next time when my snr drops...

https://imgur.com/nbUHe

after a shitty phone conversation i had with an airtel representative. finally applied for a bsnl connection.

once i get rid of the broadband connection, would apply for mobile number portability on my phone. the goal now is to become airtel free.

Wow congo, so now ur a bsnl babu common man's ISP and Phone, congo again, happy surfing and calling Sushubh Mittal.🙂