BSNL Broadband: Unable to access modem settings page

• Thread starter Thread starter masquerader
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 10,472

masquerader

ISP
BSNL
Hello everybody.I have a peculiar problem. I have been trying to access the modem page using 192.168.1.1 but was unable to do so. Today I have installed Windows 7 and was perplexed when the TCP/IP window showed IPv6 addresses required. I am clueless in these matters and request your help in asmuch detail as possible.I have a mobile and 2 laptops with wi-fi capability but sadly I am unable to use it in my home network as the modem has been configured to work with my desktop. I need help to get wi-fi settings enabled on my modem and more importantly to access the modem settings page.Any help will be greatly appreciated. My modem is 'UStarcom' WA3002G4 model... If that is of any help. Thank you.

To access modem settings at 192.168.1.
start RUN type cmd Ok
type ipconfig /all
check default gateway is 192.168.1.1
IF not and able to
connect to Internet get your IP
Current IP Check
Type this in address bar of browser.
A new window to access your modem should appear.

Still not possible
RESETthe unit with
power on for 20 to 30 seconds
to restore to factory settings.
Access point in rear or bottom of modem ( round hole)
Use empty ball pen refill to press the micro switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
In TCP/ IP properties, enter the values as shown belowIP - 192.168.1.20Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0Default gateway - 192.168.1.1Preferred DNS server - 208.67.222.222Alternate DNS server- 208.67.220.220

Hi, I used to have same problem after when the BSNL tech came to my house and chnaged the connection from PPOE to Bridge.So I came to know that when the modem is in Bridge mode the modem settings page will not be accessible. It will be accessible on on PPOE connection.In order to access the modem settings page. First you need to reset your modem( this will reset all your present modem settings to default factory modem settings).

Modem setting page is available in both modes ppoe and bridge. Do the following changes in your lan card setting.1) IP address = 192.168.1.102) Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.03) Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1

@one1
In order to access the modem settings page. First you need to reset your modem( this will reset all your present modem settings to default factory modem settings)
. Incorrect. and will loose Internet connection.

see my earlier post.
BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED