About BSNL SUPERSTAR 300 PLAN

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
BSNL gets Hotstar Premium on board for broadband customers

BSNL launched the fixed-line broadband plan Superstar 300 for ₹749 a month, offering 300 gigabyte of downloads with 50 megabit per second download speed and thereafter unlimited data at 2 mbps for customers using its optical fibre connection.

"The pack offers 300 GB download at 50 Mbps speed bundled with a subscription of Hotstar Premium, giving customers the option to watch and enjoy non-stop entertainment and live sports including cricket world cup at their convenience," BSNL and Hotstar said in a joint statement.

Okay.I saw next billing date as Aug 11 in your screenshot, so thought it to be one month.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I think it keeps getting renewed every month or something as long as you remain on the plan. Someone who got their plan activated the start of the month would be able to confirm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am from Pune and when I tried to apply for this plan the guy at the exchange told me that no such plan is present here. Plus I am unable to change plan from selfcare portal as well. Infact I wasn't even able to register my connection on selfcare before. Had to complain to bsnl nib via mail. Now connection is registered but unable to change plan or even change bill type to email only.

Upvote 0
True. However, it is valid only for 6 months as mentioned in the same page.

For First six month, after six months, plan shall be converted to '600 GB CUL' plan.

Upvote 0
Yep, its only for new customers. However I got my connection in March 2019, and was auto moved to the new 600 GB plan before my 6 month period got over on July 1st. Although I then changed to the Superstar 300 plan. 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
@TurboUser Yep 🚀🚀

dEmoYS0.jpg

Upvote 0
I changed my plan of 599 (4GB CUL) to Superstar 300 via selfcare portal but it was cancelled after 3 days. I then wrote to AGM FARIDABAD but the reply I got that this plan can't be provided due to technical issues. Issue forwarded to HQ office. I have adsl so applied for upto 10 mbps speed. Awaiting response from HQ.

Upvote 0
Guys, I am sorry if this is irrelevant to the thread, but I just want to know whether I need to pay any sum of money to the LCO when they come for the installation. I had recently applied for Bharat Fibre and the JTO told me that the installation will be done by this week. Thanks in anticipation.

Upvote 0
I changed my plan of 599 (4GB CUL) to Superstar 300 via selfcare portal but it was cancelled after 3 days. I then wrote to AGM FARIDABAD but the reply I got that this plan can't be provided due to technical issues. Issue forwarded to HQ office. I have adsl so applied for upto 10 mbps speed. Awaiting response from HQ.
I changed my plan today from 899 to superstar 300 via self-care portal and it got activated within an hour, received the message with details and Hotstar subscription id. I myself have an adsl connection.

Upvote 0
Guys, I am sorry if this is irrelevant to the thread, but I just want to know whether I need to pay any sum of money to the LCO when they come for the installation. I had recently applied for Bharat Fibre and the JTO told me that the installation will be done by this week. Thanks in anticipation.

If there is an LCO involved, yes you'd need to pay the LCO for installation. The amount varies between LCOs and the amount of cabling required etc. I was charged Rs 1000, the cost of ONT is extra but that you can procure yourself too.

Upvote 0
Will the amount be billed in the next bill or I have to pay them immediately after the installation is done?

Upvote 0
No, it wouldn't be part of the bill. BSNL may separately charge an installation / activation charge, that is different from what the LCO charges. In some locations BSNL's installation charge may be waived off.

Best option would be to discuss with the LCO the installation costs and things like that.

Upvote 0