About BSNL SUPERSTAR 300 PLAN

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
BSNL gets Hotstar Premium on board for broadband customers

BSNL launched the fixed-line broadband plan Superstar 300 for ₹749 a month, offering 300 gigabyte of downloads with 50 megabit per second download speed and thereafter unlimited data at 2 mbps for customers using its optical fibre connection.

"The pack offers 300 GB download at 50 Mbps speed bundled with a subscription of Hotstar Premium, giving customers the option to watch and enjoy non-stop entertainment and live sports including cricket world cup at their convenience," BSNL and Hotstar said in a joint statement.

Interesting, I could switch to this and get free Hotstar premium. Currently I'm on the 777 plan and I don't use 500 GB data anyway.

But one other thing, since this is less than 750, I'd lose the Amazon Prime subscription. 😑

Upvote 0
images

Upvote 0
Got this as SMS, looks like it's applicable for DSL as well, better than the daily FUP plans.

Dear Customer,
Now watch World Cup Cricket Matches live on Hotstar through BSNL Broadband ADSL/FTTH with speed upto 10Mbps/50Mbps till 300GB by opting for "SUPERSTAR 300" plan at Rs 749/month plus taxes only. Enjoy unlimited calling and unlimited entertainment with Hotstar premium pack. For activation, call toll free number 18003451500 or visit nearest CSC.

Upvote 0
Interesting, I could switch to this and get free Hotstar premium. Currently I'm on the 777 plan and I don't use 500 GB data anyway.

But one other thing, since this is less than 750, I'd lose the Amazon Prime subscription. 😑

Look like, TN bsnl has revised it to 745 now. Not sure, if we get both Amazon Prime and Hotstar for Superstar 300 plan. feeling_greedy.

tZxzyhV.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Which tIer Netflix plan are they handing out? If its SD only then its disappointing.

Edit: Oh I misread, for some reason I thought it was Netflix.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So on July 2nd I Switched to SUPERSTAR 300 on my ADSL Connection. I have a Few Question About this plan

PxdF4BK.jpg

It got changed in few minutes

PF7Vpwa.jpg

This Plan on ADSL is 10MBPS (50MBPS for FTTH)
kM7yxeZ.jpg

I just wanted to Know I have 8mbps Line Speed is it Worth Upgrading to 10mbps. I saw some post about 10mbps has frequent connection dropouts.
Also how do i avail the Hotstar PREMIUM Subscription ??

Upvote 0
1. Depends on the line quality, if you have good cabling, then increasing to 10 Mbps shouldn't cause frequent disconnections. What's the max attainable speed as shown in the ADSL modem UI?

2. Unsure, even I want to change to this new plan and for me in Kerala, the plan doesn't even show up in the self-care portal. I'd need to give a written application! 🤦‍♂️

Upvote 0
my D-Link dsl 224 modem doesn't show max attainable speed. I will try to change modem and tell you the max attainable speed.
Well for me this plan came yesterday and its all the way down on the 3rd page of tariff change(in Selfcare).

Upvote 0