BSNL Broadband: Suggest a plan

• Thread starter Thread starter 8renu8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,010

8renu8

ISP
bsnl
Hi all, im new here.😛leasehelp:Im using bsnl home 500 now.but i want to change to unlimited because the limit exceeded 4 times as of now.i need u ppl to suggest a nice unlimited plan.I download a lot.:huh:I heard that 750 plan is very sick as the speeds are too low. (im getting 160-190 now)Wat about home 1350 Unlimited.?Anyone here uses that? If yes wat is the speed i will get?Pls ans.Thanks in advance,RegardsRenu😛leasehelp:

suggestion for an unlimited plan? go for the one you can afford. the answer is this simple. otherwise go for a plan which has night unlimited i guess those are faster and cheaper.

suggestion for an unlimited plan?

go for the one you can afford. the answer is this simple.

otherwise go for a plan which has night unlimited i guess those are faster and cheaper.

Thanks for replying.
Im getting a nice speed with my current plan (HOME 500).
But the past few months im getting excess amounts of bill due to higher usage.
I mean im not able to monitor the schedules properly.
Im actually asking about the 1350UL plan. If i change to that, can i get the same speed as home500?

Thanks again..
Renu:icry:

Im familiar with datafox, the thing is, im not able to get up in the morning as im getting tired at work. Now that i can afford for biger plan/ say Unlimited, i want to shift to that.I browsed for 750 but came to know that many ppl are facing speed probs with that plan.My requirements are i) speed optimum (atleast 50, more wud be better)ii) unlimited downloadiii) of course from bsnl.Renu:huh:

50KBps means you need to go for the 512kbps unlimited plan.

Thanks for replying.
Im getting a nice speed with my current plan (HOME 500).
But the past few months im getting excess amounts of bill due to higher usage.
I mean im not able to monitor the schedules properly.
Im actually asking about the 1350UL plan. If i change to that, can i get the same speed as home500?

Thanks again..
Renu:icry:

As you are saying "I mean im not able to monitor the schedules properly." so problem is not with your plan but your scheduling techniques. In any comparison stick to Plan 500. Use Task scheduler and bridge mode efficiently, you will be surprised how much you can extract from same 500 plan.
1.5GB upload and download limit should be enough for most cases if you are just browsing internet. If you want to make some heavy download then schedule them for night free period (may be using Free Download Manager). I think this should work for you.
On relative note, you are not getting optimum speed with net connection.(160-190)

Go for UL 1350. I think it will suit your requirement. You will get 55 KBps or above.

I use UL 750. The maximum speed is 32 KBps. But it is very cost effective as we pay only Rs. 750 + tax

You will never get limited plan speed on any unlimited plan. There is a a new plan for Rs. 1499. It is 1 Mbps unlimited . But there is a fair usage policy. After 25 GB, speed will be reduce to 256 Kbps.

----------

You need not be awake to reboot your modem at specific time. There is a tool to automate the process. Try Imran's Broadband Helper Utility or in Bridge mode try a batch file using rasdial command.

As you are saying "I mean im not able to monitor the schedules properly." so problem is not with your plan but your scheduling techniques. In any comparison stick to Plan 500. Use Task scheduler and bridge mode efficiently, you will be surprised how much you can extract from same 500 plan.
1.5GB upload and download limit should be enough for most cases if you are just browsing internet. If you want to make some heavy download then schedule them for night free period (may be using Free Download Manager). I think this should work for you.
On relative note, you are not getting optimum speed with net connection.(160-190)

thanks for the reply,
actually, my limit is 2.5gb and not 1.5 gb. 🙂
even that is not sufficient for me.
im using the net only at daytime (mostly)
so im planning to go for a restriction - free plan...so that i may not fear getting excess bills.
hope u understand.

----------

Go for Unlimited 1350. I think it will suit your requirement. You will get 55 KBps or above.

I use Unlimited 750. The maximum speed is 32 KBps. But it is very cost effective as we pay only Rs. 750 + tax

You will never get limited plan speed on any unlimited plan. There is a a new plan for Rs. 1499. It is 1 Mbps unlimited . But there is a fair usage policy. After 25 GB, speed will be reduce to 256 Kbps.

----------

You need not be awake to reboot your modem at specific time. There is a tool to automate the process. Try Imran's Broadband Helper Utility or in Bridge mode try a batch file using rasdial command.

Thanks. I hv used many utilities of this kind,
And yeah it is true that we cant get limited plan speed on any unlimited plan. but this 2-8 thingy bothers me.
Thanks for the info about 1499 plan.

I was thinking to go for 1350 but wanted to know whether any of its users facing probs.

Renu

U r in right plan where downloader should beDont go with 1350 or 750 as my opinion...Download all in night time in h500H750 :::In 750...u will get around 32 kb/s max...( i had that,,,i m on h1000 right now )SO if u make your computer 24 hours on with downloading at full speed ///Your max downlaod will be 2.63 GBAs u say...u r getting 180 Kb/s ....your max download will be 3.70 GB just in NIGHT TIME...( JUST 6 HOURS)...h750 plan...24 hours...just 2.63 gb and h500...6 hours...3.70 gb.....Go With H500If u have money...to spend.....go with H1000/...i get 230 KB/s speed...Good LUck

U r in right plan where downloader should be

Dont go with 1350 or 750 as my opinion...

Download all in night time in h500

H750 :::

In 750...u will get around 32 kb/s max...( i had that,,,i m on h1000 right now )

SO if u make your computer 24 hours on with downloading at full speed ///
Your max downlaod will be 2.63 GB

As u say...u r getting 180 Kb/s ....your max download will be 3.70 GB just in NIGHT TIME...( JUST 6 HOURS)...

h750 plan...24 hours...just 2.63 gb and h500...6 hours...3.70 gb.....

Go With H500

If u have money...to spend.....go with H1000/...i get 230 KB/s speed...

Good LUck

Nice analysis.
But Im hearing about this h1000 for the first time.
Do we have this plan in AP?

Details of Home 1000 plan

New Page 3

It is available all over India. You can safely move to UL 1350. I know many users who use it without any trouble.

Details of Home 1000 plan

New Page 3

It is available all over India. You can safely move to Unlimited 1350. I know many users who use it without any trouble.

Oops, i mistook h1000 for an unlimited plan. yeah im well aware of that.
Thank you,
Renu