• Thread starter Thread starter vkam2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,447

vkam2000

Regular
ISP
Panaji-goa
Hi, im using bsnl 500 plan and my router is a ut300r2u......and these days im facing quite a problem with the connectivity ...........since my connection is bridged i gotta dial everytime........the adsl light on my router is constant, not blinking but on..........the moment i connect after 10 mins of surfing the status light either goes entirely off.........or stops blinking remaining just on...........during this time i cant do anything........no surfing.....nothing, the only way i get out of this is turn of the router and switch it on again and dial again.........but does the problem with status light indicate a problem with the router or a problem with the network....its not that the problem occurs everyday but every 2-3 days.......what should i do ???? :wall:

I use to face this problem with my old P4 pc which doesn't have a in-built NIC. Connection get freezed for 2-3 minutes and automatically comes to activity without disconnection.I am sure that problem is with my add-on NIC because with my new pc with in-built NIC with same connection never faced this.May be a conflict with speed or a conflict b/w NIC and Mobo.Can anyone focus some light?

@vkam2000 Please check your telephone line connections. Corrosion/oxidisation etc.Check SNR and Attn in modem adsl status page. SNR preferably more than 10 db and attenuation less than 20 db. @mrbgupta Old PC's need " clean up" Presume you are using the USB port.Additional ram can also improve functioning. Try this program and select/clear all old junk files. Disksweeper free 2 from craveworldwide.com . Keep min programs at start up.( delete to Recyclebin. check all other programs OK. then delete from RCB . only a precaution. Not needed. I am using for more than a year after reporting a "BUG" to the company which was corrected. )Try this program AntiVir from www. anvir.com / products.htmdoing a good job in my laptop.

Thanks a lot......so does the error with status light indicates a problem on my side i.e the pc or telephone cables not with the network ???

hii, i am facing the same status light error which you were facing earlier. can you please tell me how you tackled the problem? was that problm of yours sorted out? @vkam2000

@aashi629
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
1 Always mention the modem model you use.___________(example Ut300R2U new)
2.mention whether internet connection was
working earlier._______________ ( Yes /NO)
3.Check configuration for your modem from this
web site
The little I know about Dataone Broadband Services offered by BSNL __________ ( my modem not seen )
4. Check connections as per this diagram.
WA3002-g1 ADSL MODEM (Type-II) CONNECTION
___________ ( done . OK )

5. Post ipconfig /all
START RUN type cmd type ipconfig /all

6.Try to select MOd mode as GDMT uncheck ADSL2+ __________(result)

7. Additional info if any _____________________

Do exactly what essbebe has said.Check for your SNR and attenuation values.

Besides make sure the power supply to your router is not fluctuating.If you are using more than two firewalls i.e Windows and some other,get rid of the windows firewall, turn off the windows firewall service by using the command

sc delete sharedaccess .