BSNL Broadband speed not upgraded

• Thread starter Thread starter yashagarwal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 12,252
I just changed my BB plan from 845 which is 4mbps upto 30 GB to Plan Combo 1091 which is 8mbps upto 60 GB.
The self care portal shows the plan change. Also the FUP has reset to 60 GB but the speed still remain around 3.6mbps.

The router statistics show line rate downstream 4mbps still?
What can I do to make the speed 8mbps?

You need to register a complaint with BSNL customer care....AFAIK your profile has not been upgraded.......your downstream rate should be more than 8000kbps in order to get 6 to 7mbps......the maximum you can get is 6.5 to 7mbps if you re lucky

@maniac123 BSNL guys no idea profile setting so, my plan is 675 nd my profile setting shows 8Mbps profile so iam still 2Mbps Line ......is it possible to profile pages line High or Low Speed Increased never.......

You need to register a complaint with BSNL customer care....AFAIK your profile has not been upgraded.......your downstream rate should be more than 8000kbps in order to get 6 to 7mbps......the maximum you can get is 6.5 to 7mbps if you re lucky
Got it fixed by the company.
Now my average speed is around 6.7-6.9 mbps. Is it good?

I'm on 8Mbps plan too.
5129748690.png

Download Speeds

4d345b97afd999e73b914a1fcf842c3f.png

Last edited:
you would see lots of members are stuck with 3mbps under 8mbps plan

Another reason for that is it is hard to find servers which support download at 8 Mbps. Most of the download servers set a lesser value to avoid spam attacks by unnecessary downloads of the file.

Another reason for that is it is hard to find servers which support download at 8 Mbps. Most of the download servers set a lesser value to avoid spam attacks by unnecessary downloads of the file.
How are you getting 11.25 Mbps speed on 8 Mbps plan? My line rate is shitty, too noisy. Max 5 Mbps possible on 8 Mbps plan.

on my selfcareportal when i click on plan change and says contact bsnl exchange or customer care but on customer care they say contact exchange but the problem is exchange is far away.Is there any method to change plan online.
PLEASE REPLY FAST......

If selfcare portal is not allowing plan change, you will have to visit the exchange. No other options.

By far away, how far is the exchange?