BSNL Broadband speed issue related to line rate setting

ISP
BSNL
Hello, I recently changed the BSNL BROADBAND plan which we took in 2004(don't remember what plan). Now i got the plan BB 675 ULD also called 5 GB/day plan (Upto 10 Mbps till 5 GB/day, Upto 2 Mbps beyond) excepting a huge speed change. But the speed only changed from 100KBps to 200KBps. The providers telling me that this is the only speed i will get because of the 1 Km distance from the provider. Here is the line stats. Is this speed normal considering the situation?
VVMAqKf.png

Last edited:
Your line rate is set to 2mbps. Contact local exchange to update your line rate according to the plan taken. They can easily increase it as your snr and attenuation are pretty good to handle the increased speeds

Upvote 0
Will the local exchange be able to increase my line rate? If yes, should i ask to increase my down rate only? or both?

Upvote 0
I am facing disconnection problem from last few days and speed has also dropped as well as line rate as well as SNR,earlier i used to have constant SNR of 8.5 to 9 with line rate of 11+ mbps maximum as my line rate is set to 12799 kbps and now it fluctuates from 6 to 10.5 with connection rate of 5-6mbps and moslty stays in 8.0 range but its fluctuating constantly also the attenuation has gone to 375 from 365,i dont know what can be the problem so please suggest what the issue is and how can it be reectifed

Upvote 0
I was on the 675 plan (now it costs 699 btw). I am kilometers away from the exchange, attenuation was 37. I was getting the full 10mbps, ask them to change your line profile. Btw at this prices it's better to go with fiber if available.

How do I delete a message? didn't see this was an old thread lmao

Upvote 0