BSNL Broadband Slow Speed High Ping Problems

• Thread starter Thread starter uglymaggot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 19,534
well thanks for the info; we went from almost complete outage because of the UAE undersea cable work to this !hopefully the situation will improve after the repairs are complete on tuesday and hopefully the TATA routing problems are temporary

well thanks for the info;

we went from almost complete outage because of the UAE undersea cable work to this !

hopefully the situation will improve after the repairs are complete on tuesday and hopefully the TATA routing problems are temporary

Interestingly, there are 3 other cables already in service to pick up the slack between Europe and India, with another going live in May.

It seems that a completely stupid design means that Tata can't even send that traffic via SEACOM (which has only 15% of 1.28Tbit/s capacity lit at most), as it utilizes SMW4 to get from Africa to London. FLAG/SAFE should be possible to utilize, but politics between Reliance and Tata/VSNL probably stop that happening, which leaves only SMW3 (another of Tata's consortium cables).

As I understand it, SMW3 has just under 960Gbit/s of capacity (2 fiber pairs, each carrying 48x10gbit/s), and I'm not 100% sure how much of that is utilized, but considering MTNL etc only buy 10gbit/s at a time, there *must* be some room left.

Or maybe not. I hope EIG will help remedy this situation and prevent it from happening again.

It's not just bangalore; the problem is all over india; and not only bsnl, airtel is affected too and I'm pretty sure anything other than mtnl is aswell.

UAE Underwater cable repair work - Undersea cable repair may affect Net service - Technology - livemint.com
+
shitty routing thanks to both tata and bsnl/vsnl

Extremely heavy packet loss; fluctuating latency and many US/EU servers almost unusable.

The problem started about 2 weeks ago when the UAE undersea cable actually broke; after that it's been like this.
And of course complete incompetence from bsnl to use different routes or fix their rubbish routing.

It's actually surprising that this is getting so little media attention, and even so few posts on forums like this.
Only goes to show how little people care or even use broadband in India
o well

So it looks like to be a common problem for many. I am also finding the broadband slow in Bangalore (on 117.x.x.x) network. Hope the under sea cable repair work gets completed successfully and we get more better speeds.

i am in BangaloreThe downloading speed is as usual 140-160 kBpsbut the surfing is really pathetic.file downloads from browser and image opening is really slow.but i hate BSNL now i cant get any speed greter than 160 so what for i will use it.I am switching over to Hathway next month. 1 Mbps unlimited plan. its best for me.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

well i was about to make a thread about this , yeah i am also having huge problems with my connection. I mainly use my net connection to play online games like WoW and so on. But for the past few days the ping has been horrible. before i used to get 220 now 750+ sometimes as high as 1k 🙁. On top of that very high packet loss. I just hope they get this issue fixed soon. The datarate is also very bad. You can obtain maxx 512kbps only thru torrent normal browser downloads not more that 15kbps. Video streaming is out of the question. Well i read the article that the repairs for the undersea cable is going to take till 30th, well lets hope it recovers, i mean if this lasts longer i am going to rip my hair out.

Hi, I am Getting Bizarre 2 kbps [on JDownloader & uTorrent] speed on my bsnl 500c connection,the speeds fluctuate.What could Be the cause?please help.Thnx

May The follwing help u

Thnx In advance

well there has been a underwater cable cut in the mediterrnian sea, many countries are now sending traffic thur indian isps, so the net quality for india totally sucks now. I am having a similar problem, but with torrents i seem to be getting full speed, but with every other modes of downloads are a fail. Expected time of recovery is on 30apr.

hey guyz

I am using 500c. From chennai. My torrent speed does not raise above 25 kB. It's very slow. Should we try changing the DNS address. I am going to call up cc in an hour, if this pbm exists..

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Called up cc. They gave a new ip address and speeds are some sort of Ok. Crossing 100 K in torrent. However, the ping is very high. Any guys experiencing same problem in Chennai??

Check the latency and packet loss and Speeds now guys!
It has improved for me from 3k Pings to 300 now!
Waiting for it to become normal 🙂

Edit* It has gone to 900 now!

Most of the game servers are in europe. So most of the people notice the difference immediately. And, it has affected all pings from USA to UK. And in BSNL, I already get above 500 pings to hong kong and singapore. Don't know why is that...And, even if EIG comes on may, BSNL might not take the chance to take it. Most probably it may not be as cheap as the current cabling is...