BSNL Broadband seems to have blocked SSH Port 22 on their network

ISP
bsnl
I am a bsnl broadband user fro the last 7-8 years, I have used other networks also, My work involves connecting to remote networks on a regular basis. Even yesterday I was able to do that, but suddenly I am unable to ssh to Amazon ec2 servers from bsnl network, I tried from my Uncles' connection also. But I am able to ssh from other networks(airtel and idea ).

Anbody facing similar problem?. Tomorrrow I will be visting BSNL

visiting bsnl might be a futile exercise. you are unlikely to meet anyone who understands what ssh is 🙁

Hello all,

Since this morning (August 1, 2017), I could not connect to any of my servers (VPS) using port 22 from BSNL broadband. Everything was working fine till last night (July 31, 2017).

I either have to use an alternative port, or a VPN or any of the other providers (Jio, Airtel). Even BSNL mobile (GSM) allows port 22. Just the BSNL Broadband declines port 22.

I believe it is an important port especially for IoT devices or for home / office automation. Not sure why BSNL does this, if it is permanent.

I guess the mass hacking of BSNL / MTNL modems let them to block port 22. I hope this is only temporary.

Btw, I do not use the modem provided by BSNL.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

I will update you guys about the outcome🙂. I like to know if anybody else facing similar issue

Hello all,

Since this morning (August 1, 2017), I could not connect to any of my servers (VPS) using port 22 from BSNL broadband. Everything was working fine till last night (July 31, 2017).

I either have to use an alternative port, or a VPN or any of the other providers (Jio, Airtel). Even BSNL mobile (GSM) allows port 22. Just the BSNL Broadband declines port 22.

I believe it is an important port especially for IoT devices or for home / office automation. Not sure why BSNL does this, if it is permanent.

I guess the mass hacking of BSNL / MTNL modems let them to block port 22. I hope this is only temporary.

Btw, I do not use the modem provided by BSNL.

Does anyone else have the same issue?
I am facing this same issue, I am from kerala, where you from?

Anyway I am going to BSNL office, let me see what they say. I hope they fix it, Here in my HomeTown the BSNL is the best broadband others are not reliable. For now, for SSH I am using mobile boradband connection.