BSNL Broadband: Same speed after plan upgrade

• Thread starter Thread starter PrinceHeart
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 9,621

PrinceHeart

ISP
BSNL Home UL 1350 Plus
Hi Guys, I recently upgraded my broadband plan from Home UL 750+ to Home UL 1350+. I got the new plan activated yesterday (1st Aug. 2008). Before, my download speed was around 230~250kbps and after the upgrade the download speed is still the same. :wall: I called BSNL office, and they said, that I can't get 512kbps constant speed and the speed im getting at present is a very good speed.😕 But I already had the download speed of 230~250kbps with Home UL 750+ plan. I want more speed and that was the reason I upgrade the plan to Home UL 1350+ which should gives ~512kbps download speed. 😡 I tested the download speed using speedtest.net, torrent download, windows updates..etc, but its still the same. Whenever I take the speedtest.net test again and again.. it goes upto around 300kbps.. not more than that. 😢 Can someone help me with this and tell me how this can be solved? My account plan in bbservice.bsnl.in says "Home UL 1350+". Waiting for someone to help me out.

check your speed by downloading some trial software from softpedia or some windows software from microsoft's site using some download manager like flashget,IDM etc.if you get avg speeds around 55KBps then your speeds are alright.try this 4-5 times at various times of the day.

/prathaprabhu/
add me prathxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
Will tell you what to do
goes against the spirit of IBF.

You could have sent your email address as a personal message to him, in case you want to keep the "solution" secret ! Now you are likely to get all kinds of spam email messages too ! edit it!
In this open Forum, you post some comments/solutions/links to help the thread starter, so that others too also benefit.

@/princeheart/ follow @whitestar_999's suggestions and give feedback here.

Home UL 1350
Bandwidth
(wherever technically feasible) 512 Kbps

512kbps max D/L 512/8 = 64KB/sec reduce by approx 10% say 55 KB/sec max in ideal conditions. As it is not mentioned upto 512Kbps speed
you should get at least 30 to 50 KB/sec D/L speed normally when downloading
an application /program etc.

Plain Download from microsoft.com

Speedtest.net

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

@members/princeheart/ Use tinypic.com for uploading and giving links here. Edit and delete first link. !! no useful information here. Which is the download manager you used to d/l from microsoft site ?

@members/princeheart/
Use tinypic.com for uploading and giving links here.
Edit and delete first link. !! no useful information here.
Which is the download manager you used to d/l from microsoft site ?

pic 1 host edited and as u can see from that image, its the default download screen (no download manager)

Seems alright. May be BSNL has allotted the B/W with another person . ( called contention ratio 1:2 )

Seems alright. May be BSNL has allotted the B/W with another person . ( called contention ratio 1:2 )

My present internet speed seems alright to u with a Home UL 1350 Plus plan? :rofl:
It should be around ~60kbps instead 😡

in your modem settings look for line rates & post their values here.also you must use a download manager like flashget to download from microsoft not the plain downlaod as you posted before.

today u will get updated check the speed once i have moved form h 500 to ul 1350 ......... i got the 2 mbps form 1 st august to yesterday 11.58 pm that was soo good

in your modem settings look for line rates & post their values here.also you must use a download manager like flashget to download from microsoft not the plain downlaod as you posted before.

Equipment Vendor ZTE
Model No ZXDSL 831AII
Chipset Part No ZXDSL 831AIIV1.0.1i_D18_IN
Chipset Version No E.37.7.37
ADSL Port Enabled
Downstream Line Rate 1021 kbps
Upstream Line Rate 510 kbps
LAN IP Address 192.168.1.1
Default Gateway not currently set
Primary DNS Server not currently set
Secondary DNS Server not currently set
Firmware Version ZXDSL 831AIIV1.0.1i_D18_IN
System Up Time 1 day, 0 hour

today u will get updated check the speed once i have moved form h 500 to ul 1350 ......... i got the 2 mbps form 1 st august to yesterday 11.58 pm that was soo good

I just called BSNL broadband department.. they told me no one got their plan changed yet, there is some issue with this and it will get sorted within 2-3 days. The plan change is showing in the bbservice, but the status is showing as OPEN. :wall:

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/32297-i-am-extremely-happy-bsnl-ul-1350-a/#post220048

Did you try OpenDNs 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 ?

U mean to put these in primary & secondary dns?
I haven't done that yet, whats the use of using these dns settings?