BSNL Broadband Quality of modem supplied

ISP
BSNL dataone
I am not happy with the quality of modem supplied with dataone, by BSNL. The modem is very reasonably priced, and I understand Siemens also makes modems for BSNL. I wish I had asked for the Siemens modem, if it was available. The switch to power-on the modem is very badly designed, in my modem. It has a flip-flop design. This may make the modem very difficult to power on, and off, after a lengthy period of usage. I had to change my modem, because of this reason, and got a contemporary modem, with the same kind of switch. I wish the manufacturers who make modems for BSNL, would pay more attention to the design of the modem. I must make a change to my statement. The quality of the modem is ok, but it is not properly designed, which makes it complicated. Also, the modem gets heated very fast, and to a considerable extent. I hope this does not mean, that the lifespan of the modem is short.

I am using three different modems of BSNL, i.e., UT300R2U, DNA A-211-I and WA3002G4. All these are having the "Push to ON/OFF" switches unlike some earlier models which were having "Rocker" type switches. Except for some overheating, which I think is normal when used for prolonged periods, I am satisfied with the quality. I also think they are reasonably priced.

The modems supplied by BSNL are of the worst quality but cheaper than modems available in the market. If you can afford higher priced modems, go and buy from the market.

I have been using bsnl supplied UT300R2U modem/router since October, 2007 working without issues. Prices of the modems are reasonable.