BSNL broadband problem

• Thread starter Thread starter sivaparanur
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,449

sivaparanur

Hi I am using BSNL 1mbps connection in chennai.my problem is only one connection works at a time.if i browse & I cannot make calls.If I can make calles only My internet line disconnected.if i take telephone while browsing it gives no dialtone. it is in dead condition i cannot make calls.I made complient no responce from BSNL. they just give one number & sleeprgdssiva

you should be happy bsnl is giving u a dedicated line

when u use the phone u use only the phone and when the internet then only the internet.The line entire width is used for internet

huh? No I don't think he has a dedicated line. I think he has the Home 3300 plan.I'm having the same problem as him.I'm on Home 500 and if I get/make a call the net goes dead. Which goes againt the whole premised of DSL.

I don't think there is anything as dedicated line in ADSL. That's why splitter is there. It splits the signals of telephone and DSL. Both the signals are independent of each other. I don't know why telephone and internet are interfering with each other. I think you should report your problem.

The problem would be in the filtering(which is the work of a splitter) Try changing the splitter. Also, is there any take off point for a parallel phone line before your main line gets into the splitter?

What do you mean Positron? We have 4 phones [I Number] in the house and the only one with a splitter is the one thats's being shared with the modem.

Do I need to put a splitter at the point at which the phone line goes into the house? How do I go about this?

The splitter needs to be at the point of entry of the phone line into the house. Once split, use your data line for the broadband, and the phone line can then be split again into your various parallel extensions. Commercial phone splitters RJ11 are available easily. Hope this helps.

@thegenerousjewIt's upto you how you go about it. You know what to do. It all depends on how you manage it. mprem has answered your query already.The splitter will split the signal into 2 different frequencies (one for voice calls, other for data) If you are using any parallel phone lines (in your case 4), use RJ11 connectors/splitters(would cost Rs. 15-20 only) on your voice line(data line will be used only for the internet and dont give any phone connection on it)If you've been doing it the way you said, you would be getting disconnected from the internet every time you use phone. Isnt it?

when u use the phone u use only the phone and when the internet then only the internet.The line entire width is used for internet[/b]

HAVE u gus Aint heard of PJ's

@genjew (and @siva if he also has many phones)just unplug the extra phones, leave the one phone on the splitter along with your modem. then check if you have the problem...i think i remember reading on the forums, if you have many phones, you'll get this problem...