BSNL Broadband: problem in siemen C2110 modem after firmware upgrade

lightgreen49

Regular
ISP
MTNL
i own a siemen C2110 modem whose firmware version i have upgraded to V55.1.04.02yes there are new functionality at the 192.168.1.1but the yellow line is blinking very much and i think it amount to uneven connection:hammer: as speed too is varying very much after upgradebesides going to the exchange is there any way i can solve it myself can i rol back to my previous firmware version* i already tried reset to factory setting and reset pin pushing

try changing mod mode to GDMT.
C2110 ADSL MODEM (Type-A) MENU

WORD OF CAUTION : NEVER EVER DO FIRMWARE UPGRADE OF YOUR c2110 MODEM EVEN IF PRESIDENT TELL U DO SO!there is nothing to gain and all to lose and no one one earth can help u with that then

reset it from inside the modem ..192.168.1.1 log in with password and reset . the pin reset does not always work ..if that does not roll it back .. you have to tell BSNL it is not working .. dont tell them you upgraded firmware : keep it simple .. just say it is not working and they will change it .. their favorite question is " is your Windows Genuine .. " always reply yes .. .. Best Of Luck .. before you go to them to change modem [ should the need arise ] have a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast .. remember you are dealing with world class dolts .. 😛leasehelp:

If you have upgraded to firmware version 55.1.04.02 and your modem is not working TRY THIS,
1. open your browser
2. Type http://192.168.1.1 on the address bar and connect to your router
3. login as User Name: admin, Password: admin
4. Click on Configuration > Internet Connection
5. Delete PppoeUp (it may take some time)
6. Click on Add, Type PVC Name = PPPoE, VPI = 0, VCI = 35, click Next
7. Protocol = PPPoE, Encapsulation Type = LLC/SNAP, Encapsulation Mode = Bridged, click Next
8. Make sure Obtain IP address automatically, Check on Enable NAT and Add default route, click Next
9. Type Service Name = anything you want, Broadband User Name = your broadband user name, Password = your broadband password and confirm the password then select Session established by = Always on, click Next
10. click on Apply
11. Click on Admin > Reboot, make sure Reboot From = Last, click on Reboot
12. Close your browser, wait till modem reboots

You will be connected to Internet as soon as your modem reboots, no need to connect through WAN Miniport connection, so open your browser directly and start surfing. Though you will not find Yellow Link LED steady anymore, it will blink rapidly most of the time due to buggy firmware but it does not effect the performance ... I think the Yellow Link line acts as data LED after this firmware upgrade.

Here is the CPE C2110 latest software V55.1.04.10 for Nokia Siemens Networks C2110

link-removed: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

I think the Yellow Link line acts as data LED after this firmware upgrade.

Yes, in the firmware version V55.1.04.02 the Yellow Lead working as a WAN and LINK-ACT

Precautions/Procedure for firmware upgrade.
instructions by Siemens.