BSNL Broadband: Problem In Networking-Not able to view PCs in My Network Places

• Thread starter Thread starter electrosam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,096

electrosam

ISP
BSNL
Hello. I have a notebook and a desktop.Notebook have WinVista and desktop have WinXP. I have a Huawei MT841 router.Notebook is connected via WiFi and desktop is connected by LAN. I was first able to view my notebook in desktop's network places and vice verca and also was able to use internet on both and share files and printer. Now I am not able view my notebook in desktop's my network places and vice verca. But still I am able to access internet on both devices. I have tried everything I can. Ran network setup wizard on both devices, ipconfigall command.connections etc etc. Workgroup on both devices is same. It should show own PC in its My Network places. It is showing notebook in its own network places. but in desktop it is not showing even own name in my network places. And sometimes it shows DSL gateway device on both's my network places.Please help me to solve this problem. I prefer live chat to solve the problem. Please add me in Yahoo as electrosam14 and help me out there.Thanks.

I was first able to view my notebook in desktop's network places and vice verca
not clear.

post screen shots of Network /Show all connections
page for both desktop and laptop.

Assume you have 4 computers connected in LAN
lan1 ,2 3 and 4.
Computer 1 will not show details of all the others.

Exception: assume 4 computers in wifi mode.
All will show available Wireless network,
secured and /unsecured in range.

On your desktop with xp do the following steps:Try pinging between the desktop and notebook. If that is successful, try sharing a folder on the notebook and access it on the desktop using the notebook's ip address: eg \\ip_of_notebook\shared... If that works then on the desktop with xp, go to control panel -> administrative tools -> local security policy and the change the following items: - Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Access this computer from the network: add guest- Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Deny logon locally: remove guest- Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Deny access to this computer from the network-> check Guest is not here.- Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> Network access: Sharing and security model... -> Guest only- Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> Network Access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration... -> Disabled.