• Thread starter Thread starter sreenath
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 19,077

sreenath

ISP
bsnl dataone
HI ALL,
My prob is tht i'm not able to do port forwarding; my router configuration page appears as shown in the below link except 4 tht i don hav the nat option in advanced set up; b coz of which i can't enter my ip into the dmz field
http://http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1301/563999035_ba38bff75c_o.jpg
Can anybody pls help it out? is this b coz my router firmware is old? if yes wher ll i find the updates?

Thanks
Sreenath

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall
Also a program portforwarding from same site.
If you have Dynamic IP address , it has to be changed to static ip address.
The above program will suggest a static IP.

@essbebeHi,Thanks 4 ur care; As i mentioned in my previous post, i don hav the NAT option in my advanced setup; i need this option to do portforwarding as explained in portforward.com;thanks..Sreenath

@TOPIC STARTERIf u find it hard to forward ur ports then just change ur connectivity from "PPOE" to "BRIDGED MODE"...this u can do it in ur router page......then go to network places and create a new connection where u can enter a login and password...then u r done..windows will open up the ports for u.....:thumbsup:

He cant do anything with that guide..he has different firmware in which the Virtual sever setup is not there in the GUI

@firo_zno; i quit trying tht 4 the time bein; let me wait till i get a new firmware; i'm trying 4 it; do u think tht openin up all ports r safe; i mean won't it make my system vulnerable 2 hackin.. plz reply..

I don't think you have any other option except upgrading to the latest firmware. Search on this forum for "UT-300R2U firmware upgrade".

UTStarcom Support Portal Program
https://login.utstar.com/Customer_Register.cfm
1. Try from the Horse's mouth ! You have to register there.
2. If you have not purchased the modem, exchange it to Smart Ax, explaining the problem to BSNL.
3 What are the firewall programs in Your computer ? Have you tried the Windows Firewall and entered exceptions there ?
4 Will try any specific ports if you mention it here I have both Airtel and
Dataone . bb connections.
5. Create a Netone connection and see whether the port is accessible. Rs6/Per hour plus TF charges. If you try between 2230 to 0630 four TF pulses only . Cost Rs 10/- plus taxes !/per hour. Maximum you can download will be 8 to 12 MB./per hour

Apoorva Khateja !

"Hey......no respect at all. I spent a lot of time writing this guide for IBF. This was meant for newbies."
Thank you ..I have saved the page ! It is a recurring topic here.

@essbebetried from the horse's mouth earlier itself.. they re sayin tht they won't support end user; asked me to contact my isp; bsnl ppl over here seems 2 hav no idea abt it.. i'm quittin tryin 4 the firmware update atleast 4 the time being;all u ppl.. thanks 4 ur support!!!

Hi .. I was also facing a similar problem .. I have the same modem with the same firmware .. Was getting some error in utorrent about port forwarding .. What I have done is entered my ip where it asks for DMZ server .. And I added an exception in the windows firewall with the port being used by utorrent .. that worked and I am able to download at a good speed now .. hope this helps .. I do have a question here .. if I open all ports and add an exception in the windows firewall then is my system vulnerable to virus / hackers? Thanks.Rahul

NAT problem - AzureusWiki
In tht "understanding wht NAT problem is" point no:9;
Even I've done tht.. seems no other way 4 Portforwarding in our router with this particular firmware.. try 2 get a firmware in which u'll have a virtual server setup 'n if u get tht plz do inform me..
Another option u can try is 2 switch over to bridge mode..