BSNL Broadband: Port Forwarding Thru Pppoe Dialling In Huawei Wa1003a

• Thread starter Thread starter sholay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5,333

sholay

Im using Windows PPPOE dialer to connect to the net on my dataone Home 500 plan. How do i do port forwarding in this case. I want to speedup utorrent.Most threads give solution for Port Forwarding by Autodialling thru Router.Help me!

i think port forwarding in not required in bridge mode

QUOTE(sholay @ Jan 10 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]74440[/snapback]
Im using Windows PPPOE dialer to connect to the net on my dataone Home 500 plan. How do i do port forwarding in this case. I want to speedup utorrent.[/b]

You are dialing from your Windows OS. In this mode, the modem is in bridge mode. In "bridge" mode, you do not need any port forwarding in your modem -- your modem is just a bridge between the internet and your computer and you computer is effectively connected to the internet directly. If you have a single computer, bridge mode of the modem is the most convenient mode.

And if you are having difficulty in this mode concerning your ports data, then there may be a problem with your computer (firewall? is that configured properly?).

to me it seems to be a firewall issue...just check if that's blocking your downloads/softwares/ports...

@unplug-ur-charger/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
@sholay Im using Windows PPPOE dialer to connect
Will this work for all modems ? in "Dialup mode"
@sholay has not mentioned the modem model.

Please use [ quote ] blah blah [/ quote ] ( no space) for specific queries .
Full message need not be quoted. If you know it already, my apologies.

Will this work for all modems ? in "Dialup mode"
Actually different Modems/Routers/Service Providers have different methods and they have different Terminology.........
And it doesn't depend on whether you have a Dial-Up or a LAN connection....[🙂]