BSNL Broadband: Port Forwarding in MT882 not working

• Thread starter Thread starter funtus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,466

funtus

Hi,Firstly thanks for this lovely forum. I am using SmartAx Mt882 modem as router for my data one connection.Now I have PC with IP - 192.168.1.16 as web server, so I have created a port forwarding through web manager of the modem.But every time I try to open the access the web server with the dynamic public Ip it opens the web manager of the modem i.e control panel found on 192.168.1.1Can any one help me with a solution.Thanks,Funtus.

hi funtus, if you use your dynamic/external IP it opens the modem page for me too... to get your website, use the 127.0.0.1 IP...if you want to use the "hostname" ... if you use DynDNS or something... add the entry into your hosts file "127.0.0.1 myhost.mydomain.com" for example... then it should work

Originally posted by vishalrao@Nov 13 2005, 10:22 PM
hi funtus, if you use your dynamic/external IP it opens the modem page for me too... to get your website, use the 127.0.0.1 IP...

if you want to use the "hostname" ... if you use DynDNS or something... add the entry into your hosts file "127.0.0.1 myhost.mydomain.com" for example... then it should work
[snapback]31826[/snapback]
[/quote]

I will be using DynDns but first I need to access my webserver from the dynamic public IP. Which is not working.

You need to forward all requests on the public (WAN) IP to the internal webserver. This will display the web server's pages when you access it from the outside. When you use the private ip, it will show you your modem configuration page!

i find it easier just typing "localhost" in the browser 🙂why do you need to use your external IP from your own PC, funtus?if you forward port 80 to your internal IP (say 192.168.1.2) then outsiders will see your website not your modem setup page... if you're worried, ask your neighbours or something to try it 🙂

Hi,I got the solution. Actaully I was checking the LIVE ip from my local network, so it the showing me the Modem Config page. Now its working fine from external network.Thanks for the help.. this is indeed a good modem.Now new question:BTW can any one tell me if we use 15+ internal user to access internet and 10+ external user to access local server, will modem cater this load or it will chock. In that case which is the best ADSL modem to take.Thanks,Funtus

yes, you can have 15+ internal and 10+ external, although the "+" is not too much 🙂modem will cater to it.. depends on the software you're running, web server, ftp server etc you can set the maximum connections there... plus the OS might have some limits on simultaneous outgoing/incoming connections...but 10 to 15 should be fine.k-thx