BSNL Broadband plan changed but no change in speed

ISP
BSNL
Hello everyone
I recently changed my bsnl plan(2gb per day with 8mbps) to super star 300 plan(300gb per month with 10mbps and Hotstar vip acc) in BSNL self care account due to Lockdown. Its been four days in the self care site my current plan is showing as superstar 300 but the speed i'm getting is the speed of the previous plan.Any suggestions( what should i do to increase my speed?)

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).webp
    Screenshot (2).webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 436
hi, where can i find bsnl latest plans.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone
I recently changed my bsnl plan(2gb per day with 8mbps) to super star 300 plan(300gb per month with 10mbps and Hotstar vip acc) in BSNL self care account due to Lockdown. Its been four days in the self care site my current plan is showing as superstar 300 but the speed i'm getting is the speed of the previous plan.Any suggestions( what should i do to increase my speed?)

Max Speed is set at the exchange. So, please contact exchange staff when they come back to work.

@bobby_kes official website bsnl.co.in and state specific website are the place to find out the latest plans.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone

Line Profile will be set by JTO only.. but still you are getting good speed of 8Mbps.. You can call them and ask for JTO who sees your area and ask him to increase your data rate.

Upvote 0
My location is
Irusumanda,533239,East godavari district,Andhra Pradesh,India
The isp is BSNL

Upvote 0
Line Profile will be set by JTO only.. but still you are getting good speed of 8Mbps.. You can call them and ask for JTO who sees your area and ask him to increase your data rate.
I have been calling the near by bsnl exchange staff they are saying that i have checked everything and everything is fine i dont know why you are not getting the speed.After listening to his reply i decided to call JE and he said i cant do anything and you cant get a speed of 1mbps or more because its a wire connection not fiber then i told my neighbour with the same plan is getting around 2 mbps then he replied that may be there is a problem in the wiring and joints I'll send someone tommorow to check the connection
Its been a 4 days calling no one stepped my door
Bsnl is the worst isp.

Upvote 0
^^ As per your line rate.. you should be getting 8Mbps as of now.. show a speedtest?
It's shoowing in the speed test as around 5 and 6 mbps
But I'm not reaching even 1mbps the highest point i reach is 850k to 900k .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-02-22-03-52-906_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.webp
    Screenshot_2020-04-02-22-03-52-906_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 396
  • Screenshot_2020-04-02-22-03-21-784_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.webp
    Screenshot_2020-04-02-22-03-21-784_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0
Dear Anand,

The promised speed by BSNL or any ISP is in Mbps meaning Megabits per second but what your computer shows while downloading is in MBps (MegaByte per second). Thats why so much confusion.
850KBps is a good speed meaning you are getting 6800Kbps = 6.8Mbps (850 X 8). Currently your speed is set at 8Mbps and you are getting 6.8 which good as there is some loss in transmission too...

Search online to see the difference between Mbps and MBps.. you will understand it better.

Upvote 0
^^ you will be able to attain max speed of 80-85 % of the line rate........ ~6 Mbps in your case......

you should ask for line rate up-gradation to 16 Mbps as your connection stats appear good.....

Upvote 0
Don't expect more than 8Mpbs from bsnl whatever plan you have. the speed depends on the distance between exchange to your home

Upvote 0