BSNL Broadband now has Airtel Smartbytes like Upgrade Packages with Redirections

• Thread starter Thread starter darthkant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 56,461

darthkant

ISP
DSL
Unlimited broadband users need to shell out Rs100 for 2GB, Rs 200 for 5GB, Rs 300 for 10GB and Rs 500 for 20GB to restore high speed data quota for the remaining billing cycle. Consumers will be treated to a pop up when the data quota will be on the verge of getting exhausted and the charges will be included in the next billing cycle. News sourced from a site that can't be mentioned here.

Consumers will be treated to a pop up.

I guess BSNL is getting Adphonso's wonderful technology as well.

This is going to be annoying. Insanely annoying if they are going to temper with the internet traffic to insert this popup like MTNL and even Airtel. I wonder if they would have some security interface in place like OTP to actually process the upgrade. My home wireless network is scattered across multitudes of devices and I would prefer to do the upgrades myself if needed. Which are not generally needed because I take a place that has enough GBs for my requirements.

the question is... how and when are they planning to inject shit in your web content. opening a popup would require them to use the same injection tech like Airtel and MTNL.

I recently moved to their 2799 plan which has a 30GB FUP limit, which I would cross in the first 2 or 3 days of the month itself. Considering I have to put up with their popups for the whole month, it would make more sense to move back to their 2250-175GB plan.

Grr. Explain please. How will it work ? I my connection goes directly to the modem. All systems including mobiles and tablets are on WiFi.

if they take the airtel approach, they would redirect you to a smartbytes like page when you are nearing finishing your bandwidth.
if they take the mtnl approach, they would load a browser popup on regular websites.

I can't hit like button for that. I don't like the idea 🙁

Ok MTNL Mumbai - chalo ab aur intezar mat karvao. Aap bhi ye ghosna kar hi do! 😀