BSNL Broadband New Tarrifs - Unlimited Combo 900, 1000 and 1100 plans

• Thread starter Thread starter ckr97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 30,520
The new plans are no good ! At present am on UL 750. What plans do you think would be good enough for me ? The old BB 500 or any of the new plans ?

I am switching to ULF 1100. Currently on UL 750.

OK let me get it strightFirst 10 GB will come under 2 MBPS ( What would be the avg download speed)After 10 GB it will switch to 256 KBPS ( Now that i have 750 Unlimited as a promotion are providing double download speed, is that appicable in this plan as well) ?

Guys anyone going for 1100 Plan, don't! UL750+ was much better. I became victim of BSNL ULF 1100 Plan. They promise "2 Mbps", however they route http traffic their proxy server. Their proxy server is terribly buggy. Most of the sites where CDN(Content Delivery Network) is used just don't open. Eg. reputed site like lifehacker.com doesn't open! I am planning to switch to Airtel 1399 today. Moreover they also have a hard cap of 1GB/day download in their "unlimited" plan. This sucks. BSNL is crappy company switch to other company while you can.

current broadband plan is available on home page itself .
however the plan change may not reflect immediately at the portal ...

The website is showing the changed plan one day after I requested for a change. Does this confirm that BSNL has started billing according to the new plan?

OK let me get it stright

First 10 GB will come under 2 MBPS ( What would be the avg download speed)

After 10 GB it will switch to 256 KBPS ( Now that i have 750 Unlimited as a promotion are providing double download speed, is that appicable in this plan as well) ?

You got it right. I expect the download speed for the first 10 GB to be around the same as in Home 500 C (around 1.7 Mbps). But I don't think the speed bump from 256 Kbps is applicable for this plan.

Guys anyone going for 1100 Plan, don't! UL750+ was much better.

I became victim of BSNL ULF 1100 Plan. They promise "2 Mbps", however they route http traffic their proxy server. Their proxy server is terribly buggy. Most of the sites where CDN(Content Delivery Network) is used just don't open. Eg. reputed site like lifehacker.com doesn't open! I am planning to switch to Airtel 1399 today. Moreover they also have a hard cap of 1GB/day download in their "unlimited" plan. This sucks. BSNL is crappy company switch to other company while you can.

Any one else using ULF 1100 and facing similar problems?

you can also confirm the plan change from data usage records ( eg. server : 10.240.144.195 )
the first column on data usage records gives the current plan name .
there is also a separate link for the service plan within the data usage records portals

I have requested the plan change thru customer care portal on 31st March . it is not yet changed .
And I am not going to ask for the plan change by looking at the problems cited here & else where 🙁
I will wait for the improvement in the new plans - let it take its own time ...

current broadband plan is available on home page itself .
however the plan change may not reflect immediately at the portal ...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2440/91940830.gif

which BSNL site shows such details? I want to see my current plant details online.

Changed my plan from UL750 to Home Combo ULF 1499. I felt driving on Super Highway.

Completed the 25GB cap within 5 days and now back to 256kbps 🙁

Ensure that you make a good decision/planning before taking any Unlimited Plan which ends with letter "F".

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

^ BSNL selfcare portal ... see also [post=387439]this related post[/post]

DOUBT - Is this Selfcare portal specific to Hyderabad or for everyone across India?

BSNL Portal says this:
Dear Hyderabad Customers, Kindly use the site CRM for selfcare and view usages.
Dear Bhubaneswar,Kamrup,Balasore Customers, Kindly use the site CRM for selfcare and view usages.

So the selfcare sites should be for customers from the above mentioned four places for now.

@senthilb007: Thanks. I've put in my request too. Was told that the change would be effected after 24 hrs. :inodding:

@RockingIndian Thanks !!! Mine is changed and I am now in 625CS1 (Special for AP, Gujarat, Punjab).

The 500C plan is good, but we need to schedule the downloads, which was also possible. And during the [non 2AM-8AM] period, the usage sometimes goes more than 1.5GB so it makes me to pay more to BSNL. Otherwise that plan (500C) is great and you can schedule to download 4.5GB minimum during that 2AM-8AM time. So 30X4.5GB = 135GB minimum you can download in that plan. The average speed in this 500C plan is 240KBytes/Second. That was amazing.

The same is also possible in 750C plan, but we need to download the whole day since the download speed is 256Kbits/second (i.e., 30KBytes/second). The facilities in 750C is brought in 625CS1 plan. In fact we have 100free calls and NO rental for phone. And this April 2010, the doubled the speed, so we can enjoy 512Kbits/second (i.e., 60KBytes/second). Since I use internet radio through the wifi, I prefer this at this moment. Let me see how it goes...

Those who are looking for the selfcare website, it is here [/URL]

For all, regarding the change of plan...
1) The BB plan change in AP is actually accepted through BSNL's 1500 phone number itself. Other states (at least in Tamilnadu) require a person to give the request in written format. And this BB plan change will be effective on the next first date of your billing cycle. This is mostly 1st of every month (I believe).

2) The BB plan change request in Hyderabad is effective within 24hrs (at the maximum 48hrs) and you can get the change of plan done anytime and any number of times within a month. Let us say, by 02/APR/2010 you asked for a change from 500C to 625CS1, and it becomes active by 04/APR/2010. And you can request for a change from 625CS1 to 500C+ any day after 04/APR/2010 (lets say 06/APR/2010) and it will be effective from 08/APR/2010 🙂... For all these changes, the charges will be levied at pro-rata basis.

I got to know about this 2 days back from BSNL customer care. Perhaps you may please check this with BSNL by yourself.

Well I am thinking of going back to Home 500 as this UL 750 is pissing me a lot with its slow speed.

I have tried for the plan change to ULF 1100 through selfcare portal

no plan change happened for 10 days . now called customer care and the Rep said :

" it's technically not feasible for your exchange & you will not get advertised speeds " ...

I am in Hyderabad , the capital city of Andhra Pradesh !!!

What was your download speed for 25 GB ?

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Changed my plan from UL750 to Home Combo ULF 1499. I felt driving on Super Highway.

Completed the 25GB cap within 5 days and now back to 256kbps 🙁

Ensure that you make a good decision/planning before taking any Unlimited Plan which ends with letter "F".

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

DOUBT - Is this Selfcare portal specific to Hyderabad or for everyone across India?

What was your download speed for 25 GB ?