BSNL Broadband New Tarrifs - Unlimited Combo 900, 1000 and 1100 plans

• Thread starter Thread starter ckr97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 30,522
@birdflu - Based on the time/download server, I noticed that my speed varied between 150kbps to 250kbps. Microsoft servers consistently gave above 220kbps. Hotfile sometimes even went down till 100kbps. link-removed was about 200kbps.after changing the plan, I am also observing that my connection is also getting disconnected (so i must have wasted atleast 2-3GB due to link-removed not supporting resume downloads)I am not fan of torrents, because never found them downloading stuff in time. we have to wait for ages and there is dependency on peers.

@ckr97: Isn't the ULF 1499 plan supposed to give 1 Mbps up to 25 GB? The speeds you have mentioned are closer to 2 Mbps. Is the doubling of speeds up to 30th April applicable to this plan too?

@seshu: I'm not facing any problems mentioned here. You might get lucky with another call to the call centre.

^ Thanks 🙂 could you mention the first part of your IP address for my reference ( is it 59 or 117 ) ...

the best plan is 512 kbps as far as i see ......... no video buffer while watching online videos ..... even you got huge downloads above 100 gb this is the best plan ... you can get ..

@RockingIndian - Yes ULF 1499 plan supposed to give 1 Mbps up to 25 GB. I already finished that in 5 days and I am back to 256kbps now. Ideally speaking, when they say DOUBLE, then I should get 512kbps after crossing 25GB 🙂 BSNL folks did wrong calculation for Double speed. Yes double speed is applicable for ULF 1499 plan too.

But since my account got migrated to a new network (IP starting - 117.x.x.x), my connection is getting reconnection in between. Whenever this happens, the browser redirects to BSNL Motive Website. After few seconds, I can browse any other sites. This is causing big problem for link-removed downloads which doesn't use any download manager.

Anyone facing disconnects like above in Bangalore? I noticed another thread discussing the disconnects problem (https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/58737-motive-hijack-redirect-bsnl-broadband/)

@kanishka - Yes you are right. Considering all other plans & the Fair Usage Policy implementation, 512kbps is the best plan as of now. Will plan to move to that plan. Btw, for 512kbps plan, do you have IP starting with 69 or 117?

hi everyone. I was in bsnl 600rs combo plus until yesterday. I changed to 625rs ul plan from today. The speed is too slow. I can say it is utter waste as you have to spend 5 times the time and power spent for the 1 hour work which you can so in combo plus 600rs plan. There in combo plus the speed was very good as it was 256-2mbps. Here in 625 Rs unlimited plan you feel disgusting as you cannot see any video as it hardly completes buffering. MY advice is not to go for 625 Rs unliumited plan if you have any downloads and want to watch movies.