BSNL Broadband - my remote desktop to Australia very slow

• Thread starter Thread starter knvn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,225

knvn

ISP
BSNL
I am using BSNL broadband for many years.
I have a remote desktop arrangement to work for an Australia firm.
For the last few days, getting connection to Remote desktop is difficult, and once I am there, it takes ages for each command to be executed. Except on very rare occasions, my broadband has been working ok for me (especially for the RD connection).
To see if this is something to do with the Australian server, I used Idea 3G wifi through my mobile, and the RD connection is stable and I am able to work well.
Can anyone advise why this difficulty? I contacted the BSNL office to indicate my problem - they not only sounded unconcerned, but could not offer me any solution.
Thanks.

Is generally a routing issue. Try with a VPN service. If possible something based in India or Australia 😀

They wont be able to provide any solution in these sadly 😀 They dont know about this stuff.
Few solutions.
1. Tell them your telephone line is not clear and you are receiving lot of noise, slow download and browsing even if it isnt the case.
2. Use a VPN.
3. Remote Desktop Arrangement - uhmmm - what stuff you do, have you heard of team viewer ? Try it out 🙂
4. Sometimes remote connection gets in trouble due to your antivirus and firewall. Disable them for a while and check it out.

Try them out, may be these could help you.

Thanks for the responses.
VPN - can u please list here or point me to a step-by-step procedure to do this? (I heard of this, but no idea what this 'Virtual Private Network' (VPN, right?)).
Yes, heard of teamviewer, but RD is not my choice, but the people there in AU.
I am surprised that this is happening only with BSNL BB. My Idea 3G connects to and work well on RD.
(one can do jobs, but can't be an expert in connection issues.... I have to find my own solutions here, hence the query guys... thanks again.

TunnelBear does not appear to have Australian servers on their platform. Even then. Just try it once using their free package offering. Instructions are on their website.

Use X2GO, It is well optimized for low bandwidth connections. FPS is fairly fast compared to other RDP clients.