BSNL Broadband: Modem restarts automatically every 3-5 mins

reymysterio7

ISP
BSNL
Hello guyz,I have a DNA A211-I Bsnl modem (home 500 plan). Been using dis since february-09. no problems faced.. but since 3-4 days ive been facing dis problem of constant disconnection and rebooting of d modem al of a sudden!.. It doesn switch off.. just the INET light goes off and the DSL light starts blinking slowly again..I really dont know whats causing this. Of course the bsnl guyz were of NO HELP.Plz let me know if i have to provide any more details.As i write this now my SNR upstream is Downstream is 6.7 and upstream is 6.0.. Just few hrs back it was 25 and 33 respectively. attenuation downstream is 40 and upstream is 31.5.Plz help me resolve the problem friendz. Thx in advance!

Maybe modem is busted.Ask bsnl to try it with some other modem.My Huawei modem started having this issue where it would connect every 3rd or 4th day normally then for a week the DSL lights will keep blinking without stabilizing.i had it replaced.

Hello guyz,I found s cause of d problem n solved it.. a real freak thing.. i jus followed my tele line cable to d telephone pole outside and found dat d cable was coolly sitting on the electric power transmission cables. So obviously since the voltage differs between a telephone cable and the power cable, there was some sort of fluctuation caused due to the magnetic field caused by the power cable(yes, i've studied bout it).. so v changed the positioning of the line cable and voila! problem solved!But d bottomline is, and frequent disconnections of d modem is mainly caused by some problem in d line.. So guyz plz check ur line first, dats wat i've learnt d hard way.. so problem solved!Thx for al d suggestions frenz, realy appreciate it!cheers..!Edit/Delete Message

Is there any way to increase the download speed by connecting double lan connection to PC.Like,[Lan1 connection speed 250Kbps] + [Lan2 connection speed 250Kbps] + [WLAN connection speed 250Kbps] = 750 Kbps:iplay: