BSNL Broadband: modem automatically restarting every 2-10 min

• Thread starter Thread starter jeanban
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 8,092

jeanban

ISP
bsnl
I am using UT300R2U modem, it restart every 5 mins but sometimes its working properly.l bought a new modem but the problem still the same. When i switch on the modem the internet light contiguously blinks and then the dsl light goes off and once again the modem restarts.Upstream (Kbps):710Downstream (Kbps):8187Any Suggestions......

Mine is bit different problem

However, my DSL light never stops. If DSL light is going off, then I suspect some problem either with your hardware or at BSNL Exchange. This problem can only be solved by calling BSNL Support. Please call 1504 and speak to them. They will log a Complaint Number for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
could be due to voltage fluctuations.try a modem whose voltage ratings are 110v - 220v

I am using UT300R2U modem, it restart every 5 mins but sometimes its working properly.l bought a new modem but the problem still the same.

When i switch on the modem the internet light contiguously blinks and then the dsl light goes off and once again the modem restarts.
Upstream (Kbps):710
Downstream (Kbps):8187

Any Suggestions......

Post your SNR and Attenuation values.

@jeanbanUSE Ut300R2U and upload screenshot jpg Statistics/ADSL data , and give link here. . Needed Mod mode selected try GDMT SNR ATTN line rate and RATE data.2. try with new router and check same data.3. Change DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 208.67.220.2204.Mention new modem/model/make /number.

Also check your splitter. Make sure that all the connections come after the splitter. Bypass the splitter, connect the line directly to the modem and check.

SNR Margin (dB): 21.6 dB 6.8 dB
Attenuation (dB): 15.5 dB 6.4 dB

down up
SNR Margin (dB): 32.6 5.5
Attenuation (dB): 17.5 7.1

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

@jeanban
USE Ut300R2U and upload screenshot jpg Statistics/ADSL data ,
and give link here. . Needed Mod mode selected try GDMT SNR ATTN
line rate and RATE data.
2. try with new router and check same data.
3. Change DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 208.67.220.220
4.Mention new modem/model/make /number.

down up
SNR Margin (dB): 32.6 5.5
Attenuation (dB): 17.5 7.1

I also have some weird problems with my BSNL connections, all of which started after BSNL setup a mini exchange near my place. The connection keeps dropping every 5-10 minutes. However, it does sometimes stay connected for 2 hours.

Please tell me how do I check SNR and attenuation.