BSNL Broadband: local area network is taking private address 169.254.208.56

lightgreen49

Regular
ISP
MTNL
i m connecting with usb . everything is fine i can connect internet no problem but mylocal area network is taking private address 169.254.208.56 and i cannot open 192.168.1.1 and even before local area network takes address i can connect to internet once the yellow light is on as everything is going fine i didnt try anything but wanna know is ther is any problem?

I am surprised that you can browse. The actual value should beIP - 193.168.1.2subnet mask - 255.255.255.0Default Gateway - 192.168.1.1You can change these values under TCP/IP properties. Change only if you cannot browse.

u got the Private ip 169.254.x.x because if the DHCP server was not working ... the TCP/IP stack takes this ip range ......... :wewin:

it was obvious u can't use Internet .................😗

As mentioned above use the ip details .......

this is normally dhcp in the modem was on by default but in some routers it was to be enable manually .........

IP - 193.168.1.2
subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway - 192.168.1.1

i m connecting with usb
Are you using a landline based broadband connection, and then using the USB port of an ADSl modem ?
OR
a data card inserted in USB port ?

Post Ipconfig /all data
Procedure
Start run type cmd OK
New window opens
type ipconfig /all
Copy/Paste data here.

i m connecting with usb . everything is fine i can connect internet no problem but my
local area network is taking private address 169.254.208.56 and i cannot open 192.168.1.1 and even before local area network takes address i can connect to internet once the yellow light is on
as everything is going fine i didnt try anything but wanna know is ther is any problem?

Yes, Internet browsing possible in yellow light.

I am surprised that you can browse.

Dont be surprised. ightgreen49 using PPPoE from desktop.

it was obvious u can't use Internet .................😗

Using PPPoE from desktop dont need to assign Ip address with the router to browse the Internet.

the important thing here is that i can browse internet with my full speed 32 KBps and every application like online games torrents downloads working perfectly fine

now the question is is this a problem for now or for a later and what i cud i do to regain my old stats

and yes i m with bsnl dataone 750 UL with Nokia siemens c 2110 on landline:wewin:

Yes, Internet browsing possible in yellow light.

Dont be surprised. ightgreen49 using PPPoE from desktop.

Using PPPoE from desktop dont need to assign Ip address with the router to browse the Internet.

try without an IP once ......... 😉

the important thing here is that i can browse internet with my full speed 32 KBps and every application like online games torrents downloads working perfectly fine

now the question is is this a problem for now or for a later and what i cud i do to regain my old stats

and yes i m with bsnl dataone 750 Unlimited with Nokia siemens c 2110 on landline:wewin:

If it is working fine, bookmark this thread and leave it as it is. Change the values if you ever face disconnection.

i want to check my snr rate then how wil i check as 192.168.1.1 dont work as well as external ip liek 117.197.xx.xx at any point of time also dont work

i want to check my snr rate then how wil i check as 192.168.1.1 dont work as well as external ip liek 117.197.xx.xx at any point of time also dont work

Change the values as prescribed.

From post no 4.
Ipconfig /all data
Procedure
Start run type cmd OK
New window opens
type ipconfig /all
Copy/Paste data here.
to find out your modem's ip address.

Para two
When you are connected to Internet
check your Dynamic IP.