• Thread starter Thread starter sindhia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,176

sindhia

I got banned!
ISP
bsnl ftth
I applied for a new telephone with broadband plan BB SPEED COMBO 2949 on the 18th of this month to be installed in Entally area. After much cajoling, the telephone was installed on 21st even though the cable pairs are readily available near my wall. The line was "activated" on 23rd only after the intervention of a very senior official. Problems however, did not end there - problems started after that.
I discovered that they have put me in plan 2799 instead of 2949. On approach, I was told that though BSNL site shows my plan as 2799, I am actually in 2949. No option for me other than believing them.
My BB plan is 8 MBPS; but the "technical people of BSNL" could never get any thing beyond 1 MBPS on 21st when they initiated the service. They have gone back with the promise to "discuss" with the "experts". Today is 24th and I am still waiting for them.
It seems BSNL Kolkata is not technologically equipped to provide such a high speed (though even a remote district of Odisha, Malkangiri, was able to provide me download speed of 6.5 - 7 MBPS with this plan). Will any friend be kind enough to advise me what to do next?

Post your line stats by going to 192.168.1.1

Why Kolkata people choose BSNL while there is lot of Broadband provider even while every one knows that govt. employees are very lazy to give service, specially BSNL people. BSNL is only for village people or who like to suffer every month and willing to take pain of install a new connection from them.

Ya, I am already enduring that pain as a villager :suicide:

😛eaceful: Guys, I posted the topic three days back and now have a beautiful experience to share. There was a glitch, but the seriousness with which the General Manager and the staff of Entally exchange took up the matter is unparallelled. They relentlessly tried to sort out the problem and of course sorted it out. I now get a download speed of 6.7 MBPS. They deserve to be complimented for their very positive attitude. 😛eaceful: