BSNL Broadband is playing with data downstream rate (10mbps for all?)

ISP
BSNL, jio fiber
So in the recent past I have noticed BSNL in my area was unstable and most of the time it kept playing with the data downstream rate ranging over 7 to 10 Mbps, even 2 mbps sometimes ( very rarely)
And it took a disconnection to for things to normalise , now these kept happening for these last 2 weeks , now for the first time , I have noticed my that downstream data downstream rate being set higher than the standard BSNL 10mbps line it is now set at 12799 kbps, now I think this is being done to give the full advertised speed and fixing the bottleneck of ADSL standard , it is because of this change and now getting 1.3 MBPS which is better than the advertised speed of 10mbps or 1.2 MBPS, another theory could be that BSNL is increasing the speed of the plans once again which is highly unlikely but the possibility cannot can not be ruled out

what do you guys think??

In all probability, the former ! A 25% bump in line rate over advertised max speed !

Also, 12.5 Mbps line rate / sync frequency was previously not available here. It was either 10 Mbps or 16 Mbps ! The latter resulted in a significant drop in SNR causing an increase in data errors during peak times ! So I had to switch the line rate back to 10 Mbps ! Now, 12.5 Mbps is the sweet spot with D/S SNR hovering between 15 & 17 dB depending on the time of the day !

Last edited:
I thought i was lucky lol.... My line's downrate also got bumped up to 12799 kbps..

The disconnections are frequent today with each of the disconnections the downstream rate is moving back and forth from 11. 8 Mbps to 12.5 Mbps, ie 12131-12799 range , amar the only one who is facing this @aatuif

The disconnections are frequent today with each of the disconnections the downstream rate is moving back and forth from 11. 8 Mbps to 12.5 Mbps, ie 12131-12799 range , amar the only one who is facing this @aatuif
Stable here. Get your line checked.

It turns out that BSNL in my area had some issues and finally it was fixed in late night mobile users also said that they face the same problem yesterday of disconnection and connection so I think my line is fine and I pray for it touch wood