BSNL Broadband is now offering 8mbps as minimum speeds on almost all their plans

Is BSNL Broadband capable of providing 8mbps speeds in your area?

• Total voters
Don't get BSNL ADSL for gaming though, you can try FTTH but BSNL ADSL will surely have highest pings of any ISP.
Can't really afford any FTTH plan right now to be honest, not even the 777 plan LoL. I pay 590 for current connection and I can't go up than that.

Actually I asked a lot of the CS players when I saw their low ping (30/40 -ish), and most of them had copper connections only. Not sure what goes on!

BSNL FTTH
Location- Delhi/NCR
28ms
33ms
39ms
280ms

Guys please tell me have they increased the line rate to 12500 kbps all over india or are they just testing it for a limited time? My line rate was reduced to 10240 kbps.Even upstream is reduced to 509 kbps. I had no issues with my net yet they decreased the line rate.

Do you have any link to plans and pics of CPE?
I checked BSNL site but could only find 2-3Mbps plan on Wimax.
Nothing for 30Mbps wireless plans.
go to the bsnl office and ask them if they are providing wireless broadband or not

I think 491 plan is available for all users as on BSNL site it says.. Applicable for all users and not only new users. I have applied for 299 plan via twitter which gives 10GB per day.

what exactly is the process of applying for a bsnl connection these days? they don't respond to me on twitter lol.

use BSNL CUSTOMER CARE
or

SMS the following code to 54141 (From BSNL mobile) / 9400054141 (For All Other operators like Airtel,Vodafone,Aircel,TATA,RELIANCE......etc)
LL*STD CODE for Land Line
BB*STD CODE for BroadBand

(STD CODE OF THE AREA WHERE SERVICE IS DESIRED Eg. STD code of Pune is 020 )

ex: send "LL*020" to 54141 for landline (From BSNL Mobile ) send "LL*020" to 9400054141 for landline (Other Mobile Users)

they will contact you back. that is how i did in 2016

what exactly is the process of applying for a bsnl connection these days? they don't respond to me on twitter lol.

I applied online for a BSNL Broadband connection. Some one from their call centre called up and got my address etc. Post this a BSNL staff called me and asked me to email the docs, which I did (last Saturday). Today he said he has processed my docs and the connection should be given tomorrow. I applied for the 99 plan hoping the happy browsing offer will be available, else can always upgrade. I'm from Chennai though.

Link to apply online is here : BSNL CUSTOMER CARE . To find the link I had to hunt for the old BSNL adverts from few months back. Didnt find the online application link anywhere in the internet or BSNL website currently.

Last edited: