BSNL Broadband is now offering 8mbps as minimum speeds on almost all their plans

Is BSNL Broadband capable of providing 8mbps speeds in your area?

• Total voters

ithehappy

Regulars
@aatuif Thanks a ton for doing the test for me. Is that with 249 plan?

ithehappy

Regulars
@anonuser7 Thanks to you too. Interesting. The latency on the Indian servers are excellent, god if I had that could kill so much more ;p though the intentional one has same latency as copper connection.

I get 50-65 ms latency on the Indian servers and 160-170 on the intentional one, with my Alliance connection.

anonuser7

Regulars
U.S. ping is high on BSNL, Germany and France is 130ms and Singapore is 75ms, other European countries can be between 150-160ms, U.K. near 200ms.

ithehappy

Regulars
Don't get BSNL ADSL for gaming though, you can try FTTH but BSNL ADSL will surely have highest pings of any ISP.
Can't really afford any FTTH plan right now to be honest, not even the 777 plan LoL. I pay 590 for current connection and I can't go up than that.

Actually I asked a lot of the CS players when I saw their low ping (30/40 -ish), and most of them had copper connections only. Not sure what goes on!

xstarm

Regulars
Guys please tell me have they increased the line rate to 12500 kbps all over india or are they just testing it for a limited time? My line rate was reduced to 10240 kbps.Even upstream is reduced to 509 kbps. I had no issues with my net yet they decreased the line rate.