BSNL Broadband is now offering 8mbps as minimum speeds on almost all their plans

Is BSNL Broadband capable of providing 8mbps speeds in your area?

• Total voters
Strange, the Happy Browsing page would refuse to load while I was under the FUP limit the last 3 days. Today I crossed the limit and the speed dropped to 2 Mbps and it immediately redirected to the Happy Browsing page and now it's activated again after clicking on it. Oh well, can't complain. Another month of truly unlimited data.

-- dead tinypic image removed --
That's a descent plan, how much is the monthly rental?

2499/month for the plan. My secondary FTTH connection is the 1277 plan (only applicable to new connections) which gives 100 Mbps up to 750 GB. Go figure BSNL pricing! More data for lesser price. I will cancel the 2499 plan when/if Happy Browsing offer rescinded and stick with the 1277 plan. Right now can't complain with unlimited 100 Mbps. Definitely paisa vasool for the amount of data consumed!

Is this 1277 plan circle specific? My local BSNL office denied both 777 and 1277 plans and said it's not applicable in my state.

local exchange officer forwarded my complaint to banglore and my problem is solved now. i would like to say happy browsing is also available for this month

Yup, the website also shows the same thing but they denied giving connection for any plan less than 999/- and also denied the 1277 plan specifically.

they connected my modem on my line in bsnl office and they understand. after that they record the video of my problem and whatsapp to someone from banglore

@pothi
india's rank in mobile speed rating is too low and telecom authorities are aware of it and that is the reason for this increase in base speed from 2 mbps to 4 to 8 within a few months. so i think they will consider increasing FUP to atlease 2mbps .

but this is strange JIO does not cross 4mbps during busy days ??

Is this 1277 plan circle specific? My local BSNL office denied both 777 and 1277 plans and said it's not applicable in my state.
It's not available in any city.i am in chennai city my exchange is near to my home within 1km.still they say it's not available.ftth plans are just to show only.Bsnl need to invest in ftth hard to make it feasible.

@pothi
india's rank in mobile speed rating is too low and telecom authorities are aware of it and that is the reason for this increase in base speed from 2 mbps to 4 to 8 within a few months. so i think they will consider increasing FUP to atlease 2mbps .

but this is strange JIO does not cross 4mbps during busy days ??
I feel it's good to increase minimum speed to 10mbps as world is going for fibrenet internet connection and bsnl still in 2 Mbps like that.its better to provide 10mbps 15mbps 20mbps 25mbps without fup or give ftth plans feasible all over india