1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSNL Broadband is now injecting ads in user browsing sessions like MTNL Broadband

Discussion in 'BSNL Broadband' started by CRACING, Nov 23, 2015.

1. sameerss

sameerss Member

Yup will do so, Also Sushubh please see the private msg I just send you...

2. Adithya FRK

Adithya FRK New Member

I saw that ad three times in the last three days...

3. alap4m

alap4m Newbie

Could anyone please educate on how to send complaint through PGPortal correctly.
    This problem has only begun.... Could get a lot worse if not nipped in the bud.
    I am appealing to those who complained & got their User IDs protected from these advertisements which are unethical, wrong & dangerous.

4. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

PGPortal is quite simple.
    Load the website
    Select: “Please Lodge your grievance here”
    Select: “Public Grievance”
    Agree and Submit
    Select Telecommunications Department, fill up the form and submit.

5. alap4m

alap4m Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply
    Yes... I got till the Public Grievance Part.. Thereafter Selected Telecom Department--> BSNL
    Now what to enter in 'Grievance Category'?
    Please give the description you mentioned in: 'Grievance Description upto 3957 characters'
    Where to enter the BSNL Broadband User Id Or You have to enter the Phone Number?

6. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

you write your problem. this is not a quiz that you have to write the exact same thing. you just describe your problem and what you want to be done with it. there are no guarantees that it would work for you. just try and hope for the best.

7. alap4m

alap4m Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I am aware it's not a quiz. However, u must be aware of the TRAI consultation on Net Neutrality that everyone sent a standard mail? Everyone on this thread is facing the EXACT SAME problem. Hence it could be good tactic to send a standard complaint in large numbers. Since you managed to get not just a response, but positive action on your complaint, I asked what you wrote. Your response got the BSNL Babus to move their a**, take notice, respond & stop injecting ads.
    If many affected BSNL customers start bombarding the PGPortal, the company will have to take action & cease such unethical & dangerous behavior.

8. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

I should clarify that I am not a customer of bsnl. The screenshot is from another bsnl user who got lucky. Based on what I read on the web... Bsnl is not responding similarly to other customers. Best is to start filing complaints with trai and department of telecom to escalate the issue rather than look for individual benefit.

9. alap4m

alap4m Newbie

This could be a great Template to send the Complaint on PGPortal
    (Credit: Akshay Badhe with additional inputs from me)

Respected Sir,

I am a customer of MTNL/BSNL for many years. For last few months I am getting ads on my Web Browser from MTNL/BSNL (I have attached screen shot of the same). After further Investigation I came to know that you are:

1. Injecting data (Ads) in the requested information, which means you are altering the information.
    2. You are collecting my:
      • Machine details
      • Browser Details
      • OS Information
      • My usage pattern
      • And my location
        All of that, without my approval or knowledge which means you are spying on my web browsing.
    3. You are collecting all my personal data for your own financial benefits.
    4. You are breaching my Privacy by collecting my search & behavior pattern.
    5. These ads are affecting my speed of access which I pay for.
    I expect you to take required measures & stop these shady practices of breaching my privacy else I won’t have any other option than moving on to other ISP and would encourage all my friends and relatives to do the same. Additionally, these ads are hindering a paid service and should be stopped with immediate effect.

Regards,
    <Your name>
    <Your number>

CRACING and Nikhil Sharma like this.
  10. Shibin Das

Shibin Das New Member

Was able to capture this

[​IMG]

I was able to dig out the code (javascript) used for the add and couple of other resources. Details is available in the following gist.

Source

#100 Shibin Das, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    CRACING, grayg and Sushubh like this.