BSNL Broadband Increasing Speeds on their plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberflame
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 444
  • Views Views 84,871
You know how BSNL employees are lazy about their duties and work. They always mislead customers and they are irresponsible. They might have forgot to add expected date. If it happens, south India will get benefit and also AP BSNL because Beam telecom has taken a lot of business of all ISP in AP. You will be lucky if they launch it in your circle.

Wait and watch I hope we will have 10 mbps next year. I think Dirubhai will bring 50 mbps first with limited usage by Infotel.
yeah. this BSNL is another shitty venture of Govt. They announced their FTTH plans in 2009 but still its not implemented!
There are some workers( like in my area ) who respond very quickly(response time -within 2 hrs) but 90% of these workers are damn lazy! only thing that can change this Privitisation! And yea AFAIK its been running in losses for the past 3-4 years. And remember it's with our own tax paid money govt is bailing out BSNL from past 2-3 years!

I wanted to ask, if other subscribers of BSNL Broadband(Chennai) circle, has got this SMS =)
The CC representative said, They're Finalising the list of subscribers, who're going to get this offer. And the subcribers who got this offer, would be informed through their Website or SMS itseems. =)

The SMS may be correct😛ray: but not the CC😛hone:...one can't do preferential speed increases for a few/or specific customers ....that would be unethical & even illegal.:distress:

yeah. this BSNL is another shitty venture of Govt. They announced their FTTH plans in 2009 but still its not implemented!
There are some workers( like in my area ) who respond very quickly(response time -within 2 hrs) but 90% of these workers are damn lazy! only thing that can change this Privitisation! And yea AFAIK its been running in losses for the past 3-4 years. And remember it's with our own tax paid money govt is bailing out BSNL from past 2-3 years!

I think FTTH is implemented in major cities but who is willing to use? It is still a myth. It is expensive as much as Petrol/Gold and after spending this much who will give guarantee that it will work well.
About employees, They are jewel of BSNL. BSNL is famous because of their employees.
Long live BSNL not for their employees but BSNL is always ahead in adopting new technology. It is another matter that it will take to be implemented but they take step first among all companies.

The SMS may be correct😛ray: but not the CC😛hone:...one can't do preferential speed increases for a few/or specific customers ....that would be unethical & even illegal.:distress:

Not to mention the existing speeds of UL750 plan being increased to 2mbps from 512kbps!

^ 2mbps is definitely far off but speed revisions should be near. i mean too much time has passed since the last revision. hoping that the new vdsl tender will do some witch-magic.:mask:

This is typical trolling, every few months a newly registered users comes and announces that some new plan or big speed increase is happening.

Yep. Did that on the same day i got the message itself. I wanted to ask, if other subscribers of BSNL Broadband(Chennai) circle, has got this SMS =)
The CC representative said, They're Finalising the list of subscribers, who're going to get this offer. And the subcribers who got this offer, would be informed through their Website or SMS itseems. =)

#FINGERS-CROSSED

Finalizing the list... And the subscribers who got this offer, would be informed through their Website or SMS it seems - What??? Is this a Lottery system or what?

I called up the customer care.. That guy was doing too much.. he told.. "Even if u get an sms stating speeds decreased or speed increased just keep on informing us. thanks for informing us and keep us updated.right now ur net is working right." it was too sarcastic in the way he spoke. Feel like shouting at that guy.i just disconnected the call.

Any news on whether BSNL really is going to be upgrading the UL750 to 2 Mbps? I am currently on the BB500 plan, but limited bandwidth no longer cuts it for me. I was planning on switching to Reliance's Night Booster Zoom 1 (1 Mbps day, 2 Mbps night - 10PM to 8AM). Before I did so I started checking for news of any upcoming changes to BSNL speeds. It's been nearly 5 years since 2 Mbps was implemented.

I found a few things that indicate that BSNL may be transitioning to a 2 Mbps minimum for its plans:
WebWise : Javed Anwer's blog-The Times Of India - this was posted in May 2011, and it appears that BSNL's official stance on minimum speed is 512 Kbps by December 2010 and 2 Mbps by December 2011.

The Hindu : NATIONAL / ANDHRA PRADESH : BSNL to improve broadband services - posted in October 2011, this article talks about BSNL losing customers and planning on increasing the speeds of the UL plans to compensate. However, it talks of BSNL doubling the speeds, not quadrupling them. Also, it seems to be talking about Hyderabad/Andhra Pradesh specifically. Can BSNL increase the speeds in just one region/state and not do so for the rest of the country? Is that even legally possible?

The third thing I found was this thread, with the OP saying that he has gotten an official communication from BSNL that select UL customers were going to get quadruple speeds (perhaps as a prelude/test before a nation wide roll out in December/Jan?).

I have been a BSNL broadband customer since the beginning of its broadband initiative (6-7 years ago?), and would like to continue with them since I had a decent enough experience. I have put off switching to Reliance for now, until there is any confirmation about the speed increase. Not going to wait beyond January though.

Thanks for links and its a wise decision to wait for few more months to see the change in speed. By the way, in the TOI link(Javed Anwer's blog), at the end of article they mentioned 2mbps from Jan 2015... that's a long way to go...

@ckr97: Yes, I had seen the ridiculous TRAI proposal about redefining the minimum broadband speed to 2 Mbps in 2015. But that doesn't preclude ISPs offering higher speeds on their own (yes, I know how unlikely that sounds 😛 ). BSNL has been losing a lot of customers, so maybe it could be trying to retain its existing base by offering better plans. After all, BSNL had been very progressive 5 years ago, when it had offered a then-unimaginable 2 Mbps for really affordable prices. Currently, other ISPs like Reliance or MTNL have much better UL plans (like the Night Booster Zoom 1 I mentioned). That's why the TOI, The Hindu, and this thread's OP offered me some hope, since they seem to be somewhat supporting each other's claims.I could switch to Reliance, if offered no other choice, but would prefer to remain BSNL (if it increased the UL speeds soon). The Reliance center in my city has abysmal support. The people here know nothing, have no interest in helping you or solving your problems in a timely manner. They don't even revert back to you after you call them a dozen times. Have seen much better functioning from government departments 😕.