BSNL Broadband: How to Troubleshoot Frequent Disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 59,040
Absolutely no speed whatsoever.Webpages refuses to load.
BSNL guys say that the problem is with my PC 🙁
please help !

The problem is with the line - plain and simple.
Downstream Attenuation values are higher than the SNR ones!! It should be the other way around.
Try changing the modulation from ADSL2+ to G.DMT or G.Lite to see if causes stable connects.

sagian said:
Absolutely no speed whatsoever.Webpages refuses to load.
BSNL guys say that the problem is with my PC 🙁
please help !
Well, your downstream line attenuation is very good, but I don't understand why your downstream attainable rate is so low. There is some issue somewhere or maybe they've turned down the transmission power for your line.

9. If you still got problems, use ADSL Repeater (Effective Method)

(only way to counter Attenuation is to cut line short leave no extra line shorter the better & rewiring each point / using ADSL Repeater) you should get at least 15db SNR at minimum.

[color=#C0C0C0;]----------[/color]

9. If you still got problems, use ADSL Repeater (Effective Method)

(only way to counter Attenuation is to cut line short leave no extra line shorter the better & rewiring each point / using ADSL Repeater) you should get at least 15db SNR at minimum.

Is repeater provided by BSNL?If not,Pl. give specifications and cost of same.

Hi, I've frequent disconnection problems with my bsnl brodband connection. I'm using a TP-Link modem - 8816 which came with a splitter. There is another small white box which is provided by BSNL . I've already tried changing the modulation but it has no effect. What are the various option other than asking for a new line as the BSNL staff are unresponsive in my city?
Thanks

Following are my stats from modem:

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin:
6.3 15.0 db

Line Attenuation:
35.8 17.7 db

Data Rate:
7049 509 kbps

Max Rate:
7700 736 kbps

POWER:
19.2 11.3 dbm

CRC:
3267 0

I also want to know"Is repeater provided by BSNL?If not,Pl. give specifications and cost of same."

Is repeater provided by BSNL?If not,Pl. give specifications and cost of same.

Sorry, I'm not sure what is a repeater. There is a socket provided by BSNL marked 'LJU III'. Other than that I've a TP-Link wired modem & I'm using the splitter that came with it. Does repeater comes with every connection & where it is placed ?
I've a fair bit of spare wire that technician left in case I wanted to shift the connection to another room though I don't utilize it.. The telephone wire comes directly into my room & there is no other connection from it.

docview said:
Hi, I've frequent disconnection problems with my bsnl brodband connection. I'm using a TP-Link modem - 8816 which came with a splitter. There is another small white box which is provided by BSNL . I've already tried changing the modulation but it has no effect. What are the various option other than asking for a new line as the BSNL staff are unresponsive in my city?
Thanks

Following are my stats from modem:

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin:
6.3 15.0 db

Line Attenuation:
35.8 17.7 db

Data Rate:
7049 509 kbps

Max Rate:
7700 736 kbps

POWER:
19.2 11.3 dbm

CRC:
3267 0
Downstream SNR Margin is too low. Why is the downstream data rate set to 7049 Kbps? Are you using a 8 Mbps plan? Tell them to reduce it a lot.
Stick with G.DMT modulation. Your line is not stable. Tell them to change your line. Lot of CRC errors are being generated.

Changed to G.DMT & after some time disconnection problem has been reduced thought I'll update again after extended use. CRC error have also reduced.
My telephone line has already been severed by a JCB machine thrice in last 6 months. I asked the lineman to give a new line but he says its unlikely that they will give a new line.
a. Will changing of LJU socket or splitter improve the situation?
b. I read in last page that some have problems with joint - what do joints refer to in this case?
c. I also read that one can ask the lineman to increase power or something - will it be helpful?
Thanks
After changing to G,DMT :

^ These latest stats look good enough.
Changing socket or splitter won't change anything especially if they're new ones. Try changing though, you never know.
Joints as in the number of joints in the external telephone wire. They should ideally be 0. Spend from your pocket and get a fresh one piece wire.
Lineman doesn't have a magic wand. What "power" is he going to increase?
I repeat: Stick with G.DMT.
What city/town are you from? PM me.

SNR (Downstream) 6.40 dB SNR (Upstream) 12.5 dB

my line man didn't provided telephone because stock is not there.
He connected wire directly to the My Wifi Modem.

There are some frequesnt disconnects in internet, not able to download 10mb file as connection loosing before completion of download.
How to increase SNR?
any other suggessions please