BSNL Broadband: How to Troubleshoot Frequent Disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 59,056
Few weeks ago also I had similar problem that time I was told that line has been changed..but it didn't last longer and started giving trouble again. My connection is old.

Same procedure. Use the complaint link in my signature. Guy from exchange will call. Tell him about frequent disconnection and noise in telephone line. Should help you.How old? Apartment or independent house?

Apartment, connection is almost 3 years old..have already complained using your given link in previous post 🙂do you have link to check the status ?on a different note, any idea which other ISP present in Sohna road ?

thanks for another useful link. My internal line was faulty hence an external wiring has been done a year ago (I guess). You are on 2100 plan right ? I can only hope for quick resolution. I agree Airtel is pathetic..will never go for it. TATA Wimax I have already given try but didn't workout due to poor signal. Your stats are dream for me

Alright. So, while you're at it, try connecting the modem at the entry point of the line and check the stats. Nah, since I've left Gurgaon, parents have shifted to the 1000 rupee 2mbps plan. I was talking about tata wired, apart from that, if you've got cable at your place, see if the lco offers internet. I don't have cable at my place, so no clue about lco internet.

ADSL Firmware Version : FwVer:3.12.8.31_TC3086 HwVer:T14.F7_7.0 Line Stat : Showtime Modulation : ADSL2 PLUS Annex Mode: ANNEX_A
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin: 18.3 15.2 db
Line Attenuation : 29.2 18.2 db Data Rate : 2048 509 kbps
Max Rate : 10144 777 kbps CRC : 7 0

How about these values.
My landline is suffering from continuous disturbances and after changing my modem to TP-Link there wasn't any problem but for last 2 weeks adsl LED keeps blinking

Did you mean you were facing continous disconnections?
Your line stats seem to be OK. Try looking at your line stats when you are loosing connectivity. Are the values the same?
Maybe there is a loose contact in your building? Are all the cable joints properly done up?

Hi all! So I have been having all sorts of problems with my bsnl line, like not having a stable connection, slower than advertised speeds etc etc and all the bsnl lineman does is opens google and leaves.
I am using the unlimited 2799 BSNL plan with promised speeds of 8 Mbps, which should roughly translate into a 2mbps d/l speed. I have never seen download speeds reach beyond 350 kbps, and that too
intermittently. My usual download speeds hover around the 200 kbps or even lower mark, so thats around 10 times slower than advertised!!
So after trying to find out the problem myself, I got these stats under the Device info->statistics->xDsl page on my router:
Line Coding(Trellis): On On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB): 48 58
Attenuation (0.1 dB): 375 239
Output Power (0.1 dBm): 197 124
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 4,184 409
After reading around a bit it seems my line attenuation at 375 is super duper high, is that right? Will my lineman understand the problem if I tell him this? The guy seemed kinda illiterate when I last met him..
The install he has done is in the generater room, and is a right MESS! like loose wires all around, bugs crawling over router, wire cuts everywhere, etc etc. There are even two or three dead wires which dont do
anything, and I guess are there just to confuse the troubleshooter! makes me think bsnl people get specially trained in how to never statisy the customer instead of vice versa :tongue:
Anyway, any help in pinpointing the problem would be great, I have called the linesman and hopefully he will be arriving tommorow, or day after or sometime this year. Untill then, if you guys can tell me what exactly the
linesman needs to do/check then that would be great, I doubt showing him my router stats will have any effect..