BSNL Broadband: How to solve the problem of restarting modem physically for 2-8AM period

• Thread starter Thread starter manika
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,071

manika

ISP
Airtel
Reseting Modem with bat file will solve the problem of restarting modem physically for 2-8AM Free ?😕

Please Understand : I get free download from 2 to 8 .. for safety 2:05 to 7:55.
But i dont wanna stay awake whole night , so what i plan is to keep the modem On from 11pm (Computer Off that time) till 2:05am (Computer is On using the autopower software) and then restart modem with the bat file ( i am restarting because BSNL will change for the whole night if i dont restart ) ... will this work fine or is there any better way . BTW my line is ADSL and i dont have to internet by dail up .. when i turn on the computer and modem , internet is automatically on .

And Can Someone plz gimme the bat file to restart modem ??

And Can Someone plz gimme the bat file to restart modem ??

Create two batch files

1)

Open notepad type the following:
rasdial [connection name] [user name] [password]
for example
rasdial broadband myusername mypassword
save the above file as connect.bat

2)

Open notepad type the following
rasdial [connection name] /disconnect
for example
rasdial broadband /disconnect
save the above file as disconnect.bat

@meetdiliprasdial is not a solution for allways on (pppoe) connection type.@manikacreate a vbscript file instead of batch file.Process:1. open a notepad.2. type followingSet oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")oShell.run"cmd.exe"WScript.Sleep 1000oShell.SendKeys"telnet 192.168.1.1 23"oShell.SendKeys("{Enter}")WScript.Sleep 1000oShell.SendKeys"MODEMLOGINID"oShell.SendKeys("{Enter}")WScript.Sleep 2000oShell.SendKeys"MODEMPASSWORD"oShell.SendKeys("{Enter}")WScript.Sleep 2000oShell.SendKeys"reboot"oShell.SendKeys("{Enter}")WScript.Sleep 2000oShell.SendKeys("{Enter}")oShell.SendKeys"exit"WScript.Sleep 2000oShell.SendKeys("{Enter}")oShell.SendKeys"% "3. change your modem login id (generally "admin" ) and password in seventh and ninth line of command. but do not delete "" sign for both login id and password.4. save this file as Modem Reboot.VBS5. run it by double clicking. scripts vary from modem to modem, so it may not work for you. for more help search this forum with your modem name.:inodding: