BSNL Broadband: How To set up Lan client in huawei WA1003A

• Thread starter Thread starter trimal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 13,562
@trimal
Screen shots taken very nicely.
Update: 1715 from tags "WA1003A" previous postings.
No mention of LAN client.
1.http://www.bangaloretelecom.com/dataone/WA1003A.doc manual

2.Wa 1003a - India Broadband Wiki given by @seshu

3.Port Forwarding for the Huawei Quidway-WA1003A

1.TRY the custom Portforwarding from the menu.
2. As I understand you are directed to LAN client page, and cannot access the PF page .??
3. Which is the application/website you need to PF ?
Reply this way. Quote only the numbers.
or [quote ] blah blah etc [/quote ] ( without space ) No yes

Para two : Please edit the Tag add WA1003A also.

Sorry posted in wrong thread.

::. Kitz - Tweaking MTU settings .::
512kb connections
MTU RWin
Comments
1458 12762
BT original suggested setting.
1430 13900
Pengbo + Tams recommendations.
* probably the best settings for most 512 users.
1478 14380
Another of Tams, that works best for some.
1458 14180
1472 14320
1500 14600

Hey superprash you are right when i enabled DHCP i could enter in port forward section without setting up lan client. Hope this will inprove my download speed in BitComet Thank You very much!!!

I added port of my BitComet but it doesn't seem helping memostly I get same address after enabling DHCP but sometime i get some different IP so do I need to change the rule in port forward section or should i keep it same? pls help me

go to the tcp/ip properties of the adapter.. and type a manual ip there. say 192.168.1.10 .. change it from the automatically assign thingy.. and make your gateway ip as 192.168.1.1 ..

If I set up IP in network connection manually the then I can not enter in port forward section and same problem is faced of "Enter Lan Client" and blah blahBut as long as I keep it in automatic IP i can configure port forward my problem is more n more complex

Hey., Though this is a late reply.. I guess many are still encoutering this error. I found out a work around..

When u set up lan client..
You enter.. 1.New IP address
2. Host name

And the 3. MAC address... Leave it blank

click apply... you should be able to see the added IP address{ ofcourse with MAC address showing blank} Now go ahead with wat ever you were doing{ in this case port forwarding} works like a charm 🙂

Hello Superprash 2003,You are right.Ideally it should work.. But in my case and the other guys case {one who opened this thread and has put a lot of screen shots in}.... it won't work. When u enter MAC address and click on ADD it says "error in page" or something... Kind of wierd though!! Any ways.. My torrent client has improved hugely after port forwarding. Hope this would be of some help to ppl.

Hello Superprash 2003,

You are right.Ideally it should work.. But in my case and the other guys case {one who opened this thread and has put a lot of screen shots in}.... it won't work. When u enter MAC address and click on ADD it says \"error in page\" or something... Kind of wierd though!!
Any ways.. My torrent client has improved hugely after port forwarding. Hope this would be of some help to ppl.

Blank spaces are not permitted in host names. Try with one word host names.

Ref: Hostname - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck.

Hey superprash you are right when i enabled DHCP i could enter in port forward section without setting up lan client. Hope this will inprove my download speed in BitComet
From Post No 12.

For PF is it necessary to set LAN client ?
So many modems do not have this option.
( see portforward.com also for this WA1003A)

@essbebe : I tried that.. But you have to set up lan client for Port forwarding in Huawei WA1003A modem... @bsnluser : Giving blank in Host name obviously won't work. But a blank in MAC address, works.. Atleast,it worked for me.

I'm placing image step by step

then i go to port forward section and

so I go to Lan client set up

then i enter details from these

after filling all details i get this

if u enter 00-13-20-3a-f8-82 u will get an error
use : instead
00:13:20:3a:f8:82