BSNL Broadband: How much do you download in a month from your unlimited plan ?

• Thread starter Thread starter adi24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,202
Would be great if you could post a blog with a step by step guide, when you get the time 🙂 You would be helping an entire bunch of maniac downloaders go green, while ensuring the broadband companies work harder for their greenery 😀

Would be great if you could post a blog with a step by step guide, when you get the time 🙂 You would be helping an entire bunch of maniac downloaders go green, while ensuring the broadband companies work harder for their greenery 😀

i dont mind that... infact there are already a couple of threads on wiki to help you do this... here go the links...

Partition External Storage Device
Optware
Optware with DDWRT

what watersigndj says is doable..i had a similar setup using the Asus Wl700g with 250 GB internal HDD but if u dont know linux its a nuisance..its much easier to buy a cheap PC and configure it..unless ofcourse u are paranoid abt power consumption and space utlilisation

what watersigndj says is doable..i had a similar setup using the Asus Wl700g with 250 GB internal HDD but if u dont know linux its a nuisance..its much easier to buy a cheap PC and configure it..unless ofcourse u are paranoid abt power consumption and space utlilisation

yeah a little difficult but once it gets going, its simply awesome...

incase u still have it but arent using it, i could consider buying it from you...

Dude i don't have it now..i only use a WRT54G running tomato and a buffalo running DD-WRT..wl 700g was used by my relatives abroad..though i installed the custom firmware, optware etc for them and i used to remotely administer it but ultimately they were really not happy with it..they needed GUI and not command line interface ..so it was sold off.

thought as much... i have been looking for it for sometime now... no luck...

About 130 to 140 GB with 512Kbps

Thats great. Yes, I agree that Bluray/HD stuff will take up that much space. You must be having massive Hard disks to store them.

I do 40-50GB in a month using my 256kbps UL.

By the way, I didn't find pleasant experience with 256kbps UL, while using Video/Voice chat.
Does it work well without any issues on 512kbps UL ?

Marginally better than 256 Kbps. Now using doubled speed. Chat experience was superior to that of 256 Kbps, but 2 Mbps plans will make it comfortable.