BSNL Broadband: How much do you download in a month from your unlimited plan ?

• Thread starter Thread starter adi24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,208

adi24

ISP
Dataone
hey guys who are using unlimited bsnl plans how much do you download in a month ?please specify your plan whether it is 256 kbps or 512 kbps

deleted

About 130 to 140 GB with 512Kbps
In 512Kbps Speed even if you keep your computer switched on 24hrs all month long you can maximum download 165GB and you said your downloading 140GB per month, Dude get a life and use the software you have downloaded, don't just keep on downloading all time, just downloading all day and night long without any aim is just waste of time and electricity.😛

In 512Kbps Speed even if you keep your computer switched on 24hrs all month long you can maximum download 165GB and you said your downloading 140GB per month, Dude get a life and use the software you have downloaded, don't just keep on downloading all time, just downloading all day and night long without any aim is just waste of time and electricity.😛
Who downloads 140GB of software...??? Try downloading a bluray rip and see how long it takes u to reach 140.

130~140 GB here @ 512 kbps, mostly HD and SD rips.

what are exaclty blue ray rips and hd rips ?can i get blue ray rips on link-removed ?

hey guys who are using unlimited bsnl plans how much do you download in a month ?
please specify your plan whether it is 256 kbps or 512 kbps

well with 256 kbps now upgraded to 512 we will spek on 512 and 1 mbpd now ............

with 512 kbps run 24*7 you can go upto 140 GB at its peek with everything into considertaion ........ ( protocol loss and other things ) technically you can get 158 gb
when with 1 mpbs you can expect the double like 270 gb ......... nothing more than that ........

i have seen that you run torrents , you may get little drop of download due to high protocol traffic of torrents ...... it might be like 1 gb per month ..........

i have changed from home plan 500 to combo ULF 1100 where for first 10gb its 2mbps and after that 256kbps......now u ppl are saying that the unlimited speeds have doubled....do id there any possibilty that i will get 512kbps after 10gb download ?

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

how much electricity is used when u keep anything for downloading link-removed and ur screen is shut off.....i am using laptop...i usually close my laptop lid while downloading ?
is there any trick to say power while downloading ?

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

how much electricity is used when u keep anything for downloading link-removed and ur screen is shut off.....i am using laptop...i usually close my laptop lid while downloading ?
is there any trick to say power while downloading ?

i get almost 120gb too. going green by running torrents on a router and a usb hdd. pc only required to que new ones or move completed ones ;-p. the whole setup draws ~8W at best.

i get almost 120gb too. going green by running torrents on a router and a usb hdd. pc only required to que new ones or move completed ones ;-p. the whole setup draws ~8W at best.

hey man this is cool....how to do this....how to run torrents on router by using usb harddisk

hey man this is cool....how to do this....how to run torrents on router by using usb harddisk

it sure is as amazing as it sounds... it is achieved by flashing broadcom based routers with third party open source fimwares like ddwrt or tomato. then on top of it linux packages are loaded. at any given point of time you could have the router work as a network attached storage, an ftp server, a web server, a torrenting downloader, a multimedia streamer and a whole lot of other things.

i have successfully used it on Asus WL520GU router which has a usb port attached to a 1TB 3.5" HDD. whole setup cost 2.5k for router + 4.1k for HDD + 500bucks for the HDD sata enclosure. the router was flashed to ddwrt and then loaded with optware.

it does sound like rocket science, but is very very doable. elementary knowledge of linux is definitely a plus since this entire setup works on linux core.

the beauty is that it runs virtually headless at 3-8W at best and gets the job done pretty darn well !

anybody looking to set it up can reach me and id be glad to assist you and point you in the right direction.