BSNL Broadband high latency to US servers

• Thread starter Thread starter makubex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 7,090
well I've tried arguing with the people at BSNL CC, and I've talked to anyone who was (supposedly) capable of helping me.I see that even essbebe got around 300-400 ms ping times, gateway being 59.92.80.1.Can anyone with the IP format of 117.xxx.xxx.xxx post their ping times please? If its any better, I can order a new connection

I was suffering with terribly high latency, which was mainly affecting my online gaming. I noticed that my friend and I both have our BSNL connections from the same exchange, but there was a world of difference between our performance. Though I have a 512 Kbps connection, my friend's 256 Kbps seemed to be lag free. I, on the other end could hardly play 90% of the online games without lag. The culprit turned out to be my Starcom UT300R2U modem. I got the modem exchanged in my local exchange, and now my latency has reduced to a great extent. I still have a UT300R2U, but the one I have now is a 'Made in China' one, which the original was made in India...

BSNL Dataone has very high latency for me too, even though I am one NIB-2. Nothing can be done, it is just the way our core infrastructure is. In fact, as far as latency is concerned, there is not much difference between dataone and Sancharnet Dial-up. It is only when the server starts sending data that dataone shines because it has higher throughput.The only way to reduce latency is to host servers in India itself. But that is very expensive.