BSNL Broadband: Help me in finding latest firmware for Nokia Siemens SL2_141 ADSl Wireless Modem

• Thread starter Thread starter coolday
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 21,338

coolday

ISP
BSNL
Can anyone help me in finding latest firmware for Nokia Siemens SL2_141 ADSl Wireless Modem? This modem is provided by BSNL, INDIA

I have searched .. could not find any till now. But are you facing any issues that you looking for an upgrade ???

Go to this link my fren and the lastest firmware for your modem is there. I just upgraded mine last week. Here's the link :
OpenDNS

Go to this link my fren and the lastest firmware for your modem is there. I just upgraded mine last week. Here's the link :
OpenDNS

I am at jamshedpur and when I try to download, it is saying "Dear customer, we cannot extend this service to you as you are in different network ". Could you pls post the full link for downloading and procedure for updating the firmware?

Thanks.

I am at jamshedpur and {SIZE=2]when[/SIZE] I try to download, it is saying "Dear customer, we cannot extend this service to you as you are in different network ". Could you pls post the full link for downloading and procedure for updating the firmware?

{SIZE=2]Thanks.[/SIZE]

Why you need to update the firmware /
Port forwarding options not available ?
Are you on "Dialer" mode or PPP/PPPoE( UserId/PW entered in modem ) ?
No upgrade available for sl2 _141 siemens WIFImodel.
In "Always ON" mode also try 192.168.1.1/secur_menu.html

BSNL Broadband Customers Please note : This software is ONLY applicable for UTStarcom (both Type 1 and Type 2), Nokia Siemens Networks(Type 1 ONLY) and ZTE Modems (both Type 1 and Type 2) supplied by BSNL.

Customers using Teracom CPEs click here (You may do this activity only once)

Only BSNL Broadband Customers having following Customer Premises Equipment can avail this Service.

Min. System Requirements Size Download
Self Care Software Internet Explorer Version -> 5.0 or above
CPU speed required XP->300 MHz
CPU speed required 98/2k->233 MHz
RAM required XP->128 MB
RAM required 98/2k->64 MB
Disk space required XP->250 MB
Disk space required 98/2k->150 MB 133 MB Click here to download the BSNL SELF CARE Software

Please provide your feedback at bsnlbbmpnoc@gmail.com.

Copyright@2009, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. All rights reserved.
Give feedback before attempting any FW upgrade. Not available for your model.
Reduce Font size. to 1.

Go direct to MOTIVE
TRY here :http://motive.bsnl.co.in/Products/MotiveActivation/Motiveactivation.zip
http://motive.bsnl.co.in/Products/UTDevices/UTFwUploaderApp.exe
CPE firmware Upgrade Application
http://motive.bsnl.co.in/Products/UTDevices/UTFwUploaderApp-User-Manual.pdf
User Guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
my modem was not working. I gave to BSNL for repairing; but they were unable to repair. An external party has repaired it; but DSL is not responding. I can now access the modem thru LAN as well as WLAN. The current displayed settings are :

I have tried all options like reboot, reset, even Hard reset thru pin by pressing the reset switch; but nothing was helpful. So I was thinking reinstalling the firmware will help. If you can give any other suggestion, you are well come.

my modem was not working. I gave to BSNL for repairing; but they were unable to repair. An external party has repaired it; but DSL is not responding. I can now access the modem thru LAN as well as WLAN. The current displayed settings are :

I have tried all options like reboot, reset, even Hard reset thru pin by pressing the reset switch; but nothing was helpful. So I was thinking reinstalling the firmware will help. If you can give any other suggestion, you are well come.

Please see "Sticky" thread Wa 3002_g4 quick reference guide in this forum and see the screen shots for BSNL settings.
Unit seems to be Ok.

I checked up the "Sticky" thread as mentioned. But not able to identify the solution. The issue is in the DSL status window: see below the status of an working modem

Now, see below the DSL staus of this not working modem:

These are with same working BSNL telephone connection.

Also I have seen that for this non-working modem, the default gateway is "Blank". how could I set that too?
May you pl advise me how to fix these issue?

I checked up the "Sticky" thread as mentioned. But not able to identify the solution. The issue is in the DSL status window: see below the status of an working modem

Also I have seen that for this non-working modem, the default gateway is "Blank". how could I set that too?

see this page posted by you.
http://i49.tinypic.com/wb6iv6.jpg
Click th EDIT Button.
Select PPP/PPPoE in wan page enter 0 35
UserID PW etc.
feedback.

I tried as advised by you; but there is no change in status. The firmware update also failed as it is not able to connect to the internet.

Type 192.168.1.1./main.html
admin admin
you should get a menu Advanced options
similar page:
http://i23.tinypic.com/nlpdhs.jpg
Select WAn .
Select PPP/PPPoE
vpi/vci 0 and 35
enter userId ( without @ bsnl.in ) and Pw
Save reboot at management. wait for two minutes.

Post Device info showing Fw software version etc.
similar page:
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6955/adslmn7.jpg
check in Diagnostics page failed components.
Feedback.
Do you need WIFI ?

abc_sk2002 said:
I am at jamshedpur and when I try to download, it is saying "Dear customer, we cannot extend this service to you as you are in different network ". Could you pls post the full link for downloading and procedure for updating the firmware?

Thanks.[/QUOTE

ISP's usually provide a link or ur browser will automatically go to the download page if and when there is a firmware update. It would also be wise to first contact ur ISP and confirm whether they have released any recent firmware update regarding ur modem. Firmware updates are usually released by ISP's when there is a major change in their networking protocol so I dn't think u should be too worried about this.I'm sure ur ISP will notify u if an update is neccessary.:thumbsup:

sorry, I was not able to reply earlier.

I need wifi. I did as per your advise for the wifi. Still the status is "down". I am uploading the required screen shots below. Pl suggest if there is any way to recetify the problem:

Software version:

Diagnostics :

If you are using "Dialer" mode go to wan page.
( IN Advanced Options )
Uncheck "bridged' select PPP/PPPoE
enter userId and Pw
etc. Save reboot wait for 2 minutes.
then try.
2. copy/paste this data
start run type cmd Ok
new window
type
ipconfig /all

feedback.

from the looks of ur modem's settings,lots of the settings seem to be wrong....ur LAN IP and the DNS server cannot have the same IP add. U need to correct the settings.Reset ur modem's settings to its default values n ask ur ISP technician to put in the correct values for the settings.