BSNL Broadband has four new plans (Rs. 875-1199) offering 800GB-1.1TB data transfer at 20mbps

Pics_Art_09_15_08_57_49.png

This should mostly be zero, if not your line is having some problems with joints etc causing fluctuations in snr.

Hi, your model of router may be different from mine. could you say, which kind of page in router would show this particulars. Or is available in all router statistics.
one more subquery:
what is the difference from port reset and port change . Is port change in change of line at the main for my telephone. What actually port reset does.

i noticed that lower the SNR more errors are likely to come.

many users are complaining about an issue saying that attainable rates are set high but the rates show a reduced value. for example a user having 20 mpbs plan has attainable rates 20 mpbs but rates are 10mpbs only. one ,may be by default all DSLAM's are set to 10 or lower speed and exchange people has to manually increase it. for long distance connection setting values for 20mbps might not give a good connection as SNR decreases.

from the screenshot your attenuation rate is 11 and is good but its strange why SNR margin is 13.9. for 11 and 12mbps connection i think it should have been a little more higher. but another doubt comes is if the house is 2km then i think attenuation has to increase more. about 25+ how its shown 11 i dont know. may be it changes with modem.

i am saying all these with my own experience and talking with my lineman and may not be entirely correct.

----
is the value in Rate field always same 12,798?

For me the exachange is just 100mtrs. That's why attenuation is less. I agree the snr is low for 12796 Kbps but thats the main point. Even at the exchange the snr is 15 for the the same speed. So eventually 20Mbps is just not feasible.

Port change is the changing of your line from one port to another from exchange itself, as there are multiple ports for landline connections

@anubhav11

since attenuation is 11 and you are close to exhange SNR should go high. and you can easily get 20 mbps if you want. i think if you clear the problems with your line and if the exchange people increase the value of your speed from 12 mbps to 20 mbps then i think you can enjoy the full speed without any issue.

Hi, anubhav, thanks for reply.
Would you please give me some more details about the port change and port reset.
I have the first solultion attempted by the technical staff to see if the problem is set right.
I have been advised subsequently to port change, and i have given complaint and the port was changed accordingly.
But still the download speed never touches 11 of promised 20 mbps recently.
Is the same speed experienced for the same plan holders.
The staff says the port has been changed , and i could see the clarity in telephone voice.
The upload speed also went down a bit after all these attempts.
How to get at least 15mbps speed?
are the modulation choice of adsl2,adsl2+, annexM,annexL as default is correct?
Sorry for asking details. I t will be useful for me and also so much users.
Technically my plan changed to 20mp-1000gb-2mb-M, but practically there is not much of a change.
One more clarification: i have the modemnnected to tcohe splitter and then to main line. I have given the connection point from modem to main line

@rajujayaraman i think they are still keeping 10 mbps as the speed rather than changing to 20 mpbs. many users have said this issue in discussions before. for some the exchange people gave them a reply telling that their exchange can only give a 10 mbps connection and nothing more than it.
ask your line man if they can change the speed of the connection .as i said before i have a 8 mbps line and they have reduced the speed to 4 mbps because of disconnection issue. like wise they can increase the speed too.

Hi, I think this as not a personal issue for me alone. While giving in letter , if it is also given in spirit then it is good.. Those are the things normally done not at individual level but in automated level through the servers.
I have tried all sorts of tricks, reset the modem, port reset and port change, but nothing changed the issue.
HI, anubhav, please let me know , what is port reset and port change please
If anybody gives link explaining, i will be happy to learn

Hi, anubhav, thanks for reply.
Would you please give me some more details about the port change and port reset.
I have the first solultion attempted by the technical staff to see if the problem is set right.
I have been advised subsequently to port change, and i have given complaint and the port was changed accordingly.
But still the download speed never touches 11 of promised 20 mbps recently.
Is the same speed experienced for the same plan holders.
The staff says the port has been changed , and i could see the clarity in telephone voice.
The upload speed also went down a bit after all these attempts.
How to get at least 15mbps speed?
are the modulation choice of adsl2,adsl2+, annexM,annexL as default is correct?
Sorry for asking details. I t will be useful for me and also so much users.
Technically my plan changed to 20mp-1000gb-2mb-M, but practically there is not much of a change.
One more clarification: i have the modemnnected to tcohe splitter and then to main line. I have given the connection point from modem to main line
To get atleast 15Mbps talk to the JTO, if possible they can do that. See as the line rate is set to 12796 you will never get full 12-13 Mbps. I myself get a max of 10.6-10.7 Mbps with the above set rates. For you to get 15Mbps your line rate has to be set to around 18000 to 20000. So ask them, if they can try doing that. Here at my place the staff is very helpful. Regarding modulation adsl2 is the fastest of all and bsnl has that implemented. The only thing better than adsl2 is vdsl modulation.

The modem and phone should always be connected through a splitter, and its work is only to have phone calls and internet working at the same time, speed is not depended on it.

Mostly the plans of bsnl are actually capped at 10Mbps. Only few are above it and that too probably are offered through either vdsl or ftth. Iguess its the max speed they can support through our ordinary copper wires

HI, Anubhavv your line rae changes always at real time. It is not fixed . It some time shows higher attainable dl speed and sometimes it shows low. This is always fluctuating. I think the bsnl has to improve its infrasturcture to provide ths speed they promise. So, attainable rates are fluctuating due to demand of other users and host of other reasons.
I think i will continue some more time with bsnl, which i supported from the beginning.
I have recently changed my outer wire to drop wire, which does not loose signals in continuous stream, whereas two edged copper wire . This drop wire did improved my connection problem.
When you announce something everybody expects it to be in real sense.
anubhav, please give me link for port reset or port change for knowledge, if you know. I have surfed the net , but could not get anything worth material to read.

There is nothing you can do yourself to change port or port reset, its done from the exchange itself. So, nothing is available online
Until and unless you don't have any disturbance or static noise in your telephone, the line is in good condition