BSNL Broadband has four new plans (Rs. 875-1199) offering 800GB-1.1TB data transfer at 20mbps

@rajujayaraman for some users they get the promised speed once the plan is changed for others they might need to contact exchange to change your line profile to increase the speed.

Hi, Would you clarify further.. I asked the exchange and they say, they are yet to get the circular from. Is the plan 1091 included in this list? Is not automated process? Do you mean to say , that it involves some new towers to be set up by bsnl to get those speed? If those are server settings, then the process should be automatic.
Have they started to give 20 mbps speed for the said plans. IN the first page link , i clicked and saw that this plan is also included in the speed increase. I checked the selfcare portal, but there is mention of other things but no mention of speed. Would you clarify

Funny bsnl employees always say they dont have information on speed change or tariff change even after several month.its their way of answering people simply.20 Mbps speed not possible in adsl i guess.one side bsnl is increasing speeds and data and another side bsnl employees say don't have circular on this.bsnl still not interested to install fiber in many places

@rajujayaraman what Idhayakani is a fact, the exchange people are not updated with new things. a discussion happened earlier in forum with a user having the same problem , he was able to convince the JTO to update the line profile. now the line updating does not depend on towers or anything. they change the setting in the dslam located in exchange if i am right. if you are not getting a response means use twitter. that is far better than arguing with the exchange staff. twitter handles the complaint more effectively these days

Good luck

So many persons are just using dongles wireless to get internet access.
MY query is , is the increase in plan speed effected already? or yet to be effected practically?Today, i will talk to the port reset staff regarding this .
i do not have facebook and i do not know twitter. Should i have to create an account to be member of twitter.
Even browser is not safe, So, i am having thoughts of facebook or twitter.
How could one know about speed in selfcare portal. i tried but it only says plan details without speed. If the speed is shown, in the portal , the users could easily say that your plan is updated to the existing reality

hI, INKTONE Really a wonderful link. If anybody clicks that will show, their plan. Yes. i noticed that when i click the link, the staus updated to 20 mb speed , but actually i am getting onlyl 10 mbs. I will talk to the port reset staff about this and then say if it is corrected. But what i want is it should auto update both in status and realtime. But when i click the link , it shows mine......
Will that change with every user

Hi, Ink...
Please tell me , if the link is clicked, it will report the details of the user of the pc concerned. Because , if i click now, it shows my detail. Is it correct?

@rajujayaraman sorry for the late reply
yes that is user specific. it tells details of that user alone.
like i said even when plan is changed to 20 mbbps the exchange people has to increase your port speed too.
i have a 8 mbps plan but my line rate is reduced to 4 mbps to frequent connection losses. that is done by exhange people.

Hi, Ink I have contacted, but worst thing happened. I think ,i have to opt for port changing, rather than port reset. Portreset reduced the speed both download and upload. What a bitter experiene .
Normally port reset would clear all cache or what not in the line disturbance and will reset the speed. It has considerably reudced to half of what i was getting , when i was using 10 mb 300 gb fup limit.
Would i opt for port change ? why port reset has not worked for me. please

Hi, Ink , expecting reply from you.
The snr details at present after i reset the modem
Adsl Line StatusSHOWTIME.L0
Adsl ModeADSL2+
Channel ModeInterleave
Up Stream636 kbps
Down Stream12799 kbps
Attenuation Down Stream32
Attenuation Up Stream20
SNR Margin Down Stream11.4
SNR Margin Up Stream20.0
Vendor IDRETK
Firmware Version4926e708
CRC Errors0
Up Stream BER0e-7
Down Stream BER0e-7
Up Output Power6
Down Output Power19.5
ES0
SES0
UAS0
Now it shows nearly 12 mbps speed
speedtest shows 9.98mbps
attainable shows 18mpbs
how to go about further, ink
still more details from router
Downstream Upstream
Hlin Scale 3171 0
Loop Attenuation(dB) 32.2 20.1
Signal Attenuation(dB) 32.2 19.6
SNR Margin(dB) 6.8 6.8
Attainable Rate(Kbps) 18008 1212
Output Power(dBm) 21.8 7.6

Last edited:
@rajujayaraman i replied to your question based on my experience using Bsnl Broadband. when i get problems like frequent connection droppings, i register a complaint. line man checks if any problems are there. the last thing they do is port changing. that is only done rarely. i have not made any port rest till now and dont know clearly how a rest can reduce the speed.

one doubt i have is once reset, may be they need to raise the attainable rate to 10 or 20 mbps according to plan.

in the first section your SNR margin shown is 11.4 this will go down if speed is increased furthur. which will cause connection drop downs or sometimes errors while transmiting data.
the Attainable Rate(Kbps) 18008 changes with time it depends on SNR.

if you are particular ask them what is the speed they set for your connection there in exchange.
speed net does shows a different value my downstream rate is 4998 but on speed check i get 4.1 i think the value comes in converting the small units to big units.

Last edited:
Thanks . The readings of router are real online live data. So, I ask for your idea. When the attainable rate is 18, i am getting only 12, and in upload speed of the attainable rate of 1.2mbps, i am getting onlly half of the speed. Leave the upload speed, that it is ISPs doing for serice.
I am not having any connection problem. Is the speed having anything to do with the network adapter? or present Modem.
I use D-Link 2730 u modem.
I ask you , because you are expert in giving solutions to the problem.
if there is no connection in phone or modem light, i have a feeling that i need not call line man. He will come and say the problem is resolved.
Do you find anything abnormal in the router data i enclosed?

Your data seems absolutely normal. Do check one thing named uncontrollable/uncorrectable errors under your stats page after keeping the modem constantly on for atleast a day.

What is the modulation settings for good speed. I have ticked adsl2 adsll2+ annexL and annex M. My distance from dslam is about 2 kilometres. The gmt and previous entries ts. i unticked as it was existed long back. Is there anything that i need change.
I will try to switchport if .
Your link page shows that change of speed effected in the wblink. But is it not automatic process in server that it will change with the change of plan shown in the link. The website link is a useful contribution from you.
Hi, Anubhav, , which denots that uncontollable / uncorrectable error in status page