BSNL Broadband has four new plans (Rs. 875-1199) offering 800GB-1.1TB data transfer at 20mbps

Not getting 20mbps speed. Am in 1199 plan. When it will be revised for other circles apart from chennai?

I have changed the Plan to 20mbps yesterday, plan was changed in selfcare portal.
But still i am receiving 10mbps only

Here is the details

Internet Connection
DSL Status Connected
Downstream Data Rate 10494 kbps
Upstream Data Rate 509 kbps

Max Att Downstream Rate 20968 kbps
Max Att Upstream Rate 1006 kbps
SNR (Downstream) 17.80 dB
SNR (Upstream) 25.5 dB
Line Attentuation(Downstream) 22.0 dB
Line Attentuation(Upstream) 13.0 dB
Connected Standard ADSL2+
Gateway IP 0.0.0.0

Last edited:
from the stats you posted they have not increased the downstream data rate. its still at 10494 kbps. if only that is increased the speed changes.

@Kalyan_1980 wait till monday if you dont see a change raise a complaint.

note that you may get funny answers from exchange but keep asking them to change line profile to 20 mbps

Is the plan 1091 omitted. In newspaper and news sites, i came across that the existing plans costing more than 1000 would all have 20 mbps speed.
When the plan will be effective? I still have 10 mbps speed for my 1091 bbg combo cs 246 chennai plan
Would you reply back

@Kalyan_1980 can you please explain how did you change the speed for 20mbps? I cannot find that in bsnl portal? Speed increase isnt default setup by the bsnl? and why should we change the speed from portal?

@Sancbe Need to visit BSNL exchange to change the plan. Once you raise the request, next day your plan will be changed.

As of now, we cannot change directly from bsnl portal.

Cool nice to see broadband speeds have increased drastically too after Jio launch?, in most of India now

Exactly. The speeds have increased and only to thank for all of this is Jio.
Regarding increased speed on bsnl broabband i dont see 20 mbps speeds a reliable choice on bsnl copper wires. Currently im on 1199 plan and my line speeds are 12798 Kbps down and 636 Kbps up, with the SNR at 13 up and 28 down. So after doubling my plan speed to 20Mbps from current 10Mbps my snr will drop to half and below 10 (the min snr req for a stable connection) leading to unstable link. Furthermore, at MAX currently my line supports 22000 Kbps (Attainable rate), so achieving 20 Mbps = 0-6 SNR, not possible. VDSL is the only viable option for bsnl to compete as of now bcoz ftth deployment will be very costly and slow.

Hi, Why no reply to my query about the plan 1091 and also , does it not a automatic process of giving speed to the plans . I read elsewhere that 1091 plan has 20 mbps speed and 1 tb fup. Experts please reply to the queries