Bsnl Broadband giving 4mbps speed post fup this month as promotional offer

• Thread starter Thread starter xstarm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 184
  • Views Views 45,826
ISP
bsnl
Bsnl giving 4mbps speed post fup this month as promotional offer.I reached my 10gb limit and was redirected to Happy browsing page.

qlAZ22G.webp

Shot013

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Can you me help with this? This appeared on mine as well. I am fairly a new bsnl broadband customer(got my connection 7 days ago) so I don't know what is this. I clicked on 'happy browsing' but it led me to a top up page. I didn't wanted to increase my bill so I clicked on the unlimited fup promo thing cause it didn't had a price but now I am all confused cause this thing is appearing on my service details.

There is no Fup top-up this month as speed will be 4mbps unlimited for this month.Next month it will revert back to 2mbps.

I have already reached my fup limit 4 days days ago so I clicked on the 'continue browsing with reduced speed' option back then.

But for some reason, a different one like the one you have posted appeared again 2 hours ago. I clicked on happy browsing and it led to me to a top up page. I didn't wanted to top up so I closed the page but it kept redirecting me to that page and I had no option so I top upped with the unlimited fup promo and now it is appearing like this.

zUnaYcS.webp

y12hC97.webp

I have the 499 plan and now I am getting 1.7mbps speed.

at1lxX4.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, what is the billing cycle? How is it counted? Will the 1 month count from the day I got my connection or did my 1 month ended yesterday i.e. 30th june?(does it my make sense?)

I am sorry for asking so many questions but the people at the bsnl centre in my town are just so rude and don't help me in understanding the process at all and most of times they are absent.

You will have the link in ur browsing history visit it again and click happy browsing again.It will be something like this ssssnpm//promotional.jsp

I did that. The speed seems to remain same. I am just worrying about the unlimited fup promo thing. It didn't use to appear there. I just don't want them to make me pay extra bucks for this. Last time something like this happened when I was using Tata photon many years ago and I had to pay extra 5000+ rupees.

Anyways, thanks for trying to help me upto here.

After the first screen of Happy Browsing, the customer is sent to the second screen which shows you have to choose an option and there is no decline / cancel button.
As the customer thinks that it is PROMO offer from the first screen, he/ she selects the last option as given in second photo.
And after selecting the last option, the shocking part comes in the third screen and it says you have to pay and it will be charged in next bill.

These 3 screens are coming. I have 499 plan and this message popped up today.
The customer care guy told me to get the top up cancelled by visiting the BSNL office.

Last edited:
I am using the 499 plan. At least I think I am cause that is what I told them when they informed me the plans. I might change to 675 in the next cycle if I get a good experience with this one.

I mostly need it to watch my korean and chinese dramas online and of course youtube.

I never got that processing thing.At the most you will have to pay rupees 500 extra or less depending on the speed restoration plan u selected.

After the first screen of Happy Browsing, the customer is sent to the second screen which shows you have to choose an option and there is no decline / cancel button.
As the customer thinks that it is PROMO offer from the first screen, he/ she selects the last option as given in second photo.
And after selecting the last option, the shocking part comes in the third screen and it says you have to pay and it will be charged in next bill.

These 3 screens are coming. I have 499 plan and this message popped up today.
The customer care guy told me to get the top up cancelled by visiting the BSNL office.

omg this is exactly what happened to me. I have to get it cancelled i am assuming.

But i feel you wont have to pay anything.Enjoy that free 2mbps.Lets assume you selected 20gb speed restoration than after you reach 20gb limit again it will reset ur speed to 1mbps again.If it doesn't and your speed stays at 2mbps than you dont have to worry.

Its not the 20GB, 10GB Limit, Its "Unlimited_FUP_PROMO" option which the customers are selecting thinking it as promo and the rates of it are not specified anywhere. Trouble is with Bill. What will be the charges ?

Last edited: