BSNL Broadband FTTH Bharat Fiber 777 & 1277 Plans now have monthly FUP limits

dogchap

Edit: 750 GB for 777 plan & 1000 GB for 1277 plan. Let's do it, people. But first, let them change this daily FUP thing.

Don't let the greed best of you, 750GB is more than enough without Daily Cap.

777/1277 plans have been revised to 500 GB and 750GB Monthly... Updated on their portal..

united we bargain divided we beg!!

Shubham

Regulars
@dogchap Time to apply for FTTH connection.

I am always apprehensive of FUP limits in general. I am currently on 10 Mbps plan yet my monthly usage is around 300 GB in a month. I feel like 500 GB & 750 GB are low FUPs for such high-speed connections.

Time to bargain for higher FUPs. :LOL:

dogchap

For me it's more than enough, my problem with daily FUP is I stream a lot of Sports online. No DTH for me and the coverage BTSports/Sky offer is unparalleled when it comes to covering football and other sporting events..their 1080p is 50fps which consume around 4-5 GB Per hour and with Daily FUP, I was forced to look for a DTH connection which I don't want.

Netflix/Prime is distant 3rd for me behind Streaming IPTV and Steam/Origin.

Btw Selfcare portal is still showing 25GB monthly.

Shubham

Regulars
@dogchap Same I gave up DTH too. However, my issue is there are 3 people who would stream from different sources primarily Youtube, Hotstar, Prime. A conservative estimate would be around 8-10 hours of combined streaming on daily basis + Usual browsing stuff. There is nothing else really. almost zero downloading.

Now I am wondering if 777 plan is enough for my usage?

dogchap

I'm on 1277 plan purely for its speed and we are 2 people are on it, and I'm the only power user since I work from home and with peak IPTV usage my maximum consumption has been 890GB. On Average, I consume around 650-700GB which includes weekend binge on football and steam/origin downloads. Hotstar/SonyLiv is 720p so your data usage will be a lot less and you don't need a 100Mbps connection, Prime will stream FHD on 50Mbps, but consume more data compared to Netflix.

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Btw Selfcare portal is still showing 25GB monthly.
Right now my selfcare portal is showing "We are unable to fetch the existing plan details.Please try after sometime." so maybe the change is in process? Morning it was still showing 25 GB Plan for me too.

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
If I go to the "change plan" section it also gives "cannot fetch existing plan details" so looks like they are updating the ERP systems.