BSNL Broadband: Frequent Disconnections with Linksys WAG54G2

• Thread starter Thread starter funnycool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,653

funnycool

ISP
BeamCable
I am using BSNL UL 1350 connection. I got the connection 4 days back. I have got a Gateway/Router which is Linksys WAG54G2.

Please check the following router settings:

Firmware version is - Firmware Version 1.00.10.
Encapsulation: RFC 2516 PPPoE
Multiplexing : LLC
QoS Type: UBR
Pcr Rate: Blank
Scr Rate: Blank
Autodetect: Disable
Virtual Circuit: 0 VPI
35 VPI
DSL Modulation: Multimode
Username: my BSNL username
Password *****
Keep Alive: Redial period 30 Seconds
Host name: WAG54G2
Domain name: Blank
MTU: Manual
Size: 1492
Router IP: 192.168.1.1
I am really fed up. I have a DSL light on my modem. Suddenly i get disconnected and when i see that light. the light starts blinking and also i checked the status page of the router settings. it suddenly shows all the things as blank and shows a button connect. When it happens, i do any of the following to again get the internet back:

- Switch the Routher on/off
- Try clicking Disconnect/Connect button in the Gateway/Router status page.
- There is a refresh button on router. I press it.

It happens suddenly not sure why it is happening.

Right now the no body is lifting the phone (BSNL Cust service)

Please guide me. I can provide the screenshots if you want.

Also one more doubt, when i have internet connection. sometimes some sites don't open. i checked in the forum about using dns ip addresses of opendns. i updated them and when i do ipconfig /all i see them. but ni the status page the dns ip's are different.

Can you also throw some light on this?

Guys, I am really frustrated with the frequent disconnections. I called up linemen he told that he found some problem in the wiring that comes to your home and he told that he will fix up. But now the disconnections has increased. There is a DSL light on the modem it keeps starting blinking(whcih means that it keeps getting disconnected) That line men guy donno what he did. it has really gone bad. right now i am composing this from beam cable. which has disconnections prob but they are not like this... Check below the photo of the splitter. You can see from the below photo clear. The main wire from outside is coming and is put manually into one manual splitter. from there one small 2-sided phone wire is there. one is coming from that splitter and is now going to ADSL SPlitter. from there one is going to modem/router and other to the phone. Is this ok? or wrong?

Note: the splitter which i am holding with my hand is the one where the wire is manually fitted inside the splitter and from that splitter the wire then goes to ADSL Splitter.

Check the Image URL http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2694/dsc06028u.jpg

Looks like yours is a line problem, nothing much you can do about it. ADSL systems are very prone to noise. Just ensure couple of things from your side - 1. your modem is placed far away from electrical disturbances like the cordless phone 2. the adapter of your modem is good. Where you put the open DNS? Better put the open DNS IP address in the modem itself. There would be a page in the modem to statically assign DNS server address.

Hi ..... i got sick of complainin to my lineman ... my dsl light keeps blinking every 1 min....... iam postin the SNR valuses and a screenshot of the diagnostics i ran .... kindly suggest me how to go about solving the problem.....

SNR Margin (dB): 33.3 27.5
my modem is BSNL DNA-A211-I

file:///C:/Users/psankisa/Desktop/screenshot.jpgpppoe_0_35 Diagnostics
Your modem is capable of testing your DSL connection. The individual tests are listed below. If a test displays a fail status, click "Rerun Diagnostic Tests" at the bottom of this page to make sure the fail status is consistent. If the test continues to fail, click "Help" and follow the troubleshooting procedures.
Test the connection to your local network Test your ENET1 Connection: FAIL Test your ENET2 Connection: FAIL Test your ENET3 Connection: PASS Test your ENET4 Connection: FAIL Test your Wireless Connection: PASS
Test the connection to your DSL service provider Test ADSL Synchronization: FAIL Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: FAIL

file:///C:/Users/psankisa/Desktop/screenshot.jpg